Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    I'm tired of seeing programs like SMU and Seton Hall getting top 50 recruits, while we still can't land one that will open eyes and make people say, "he did what!?!"We just need to get that one kid to commit, our success will continue to be sustained and then it will just snowball from there. The first hurdle is landing that prized national recruit to show other kids that yes, WSU can ball and WSU is not an island where recruits die.
    SMU is gettng recruits because of Larry Brown. Seton Hall got their 5 star recruit because Seton Hall hired his HS coach, and the kid is also from the NY area.

One of the 5 star recruits that SMU landed recently specifically stated that he went there because of Larry Brown's NBA experience and that would help him prepare for his NBA career.

If there were more 4 and 5 star kids from the area, we would have a better shot. KU is getting them now over us because they have 25 plus years of Larry Brown, Roy Williams and Bill Self; tough to compete against. When we landed AC, Aubrey, and Dreling, we only had to compete against Ted Owens/KU and that was much easier.

If we make another FF in the next couple of years, our chances will continue to improve.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      It changed. Last night 3 of 4 predictions were WSU. Today, 3 of 4 are KSU. Of course, I don't see any explanation why.
      Oooh, so I am looking in the right spot then?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It changed. Last night 3 of 4 predictions were WSU. Today, 3 of 4 are KSU. Of course, I don't see any explanation why.
        What would have happened in 48 hours to shift if dramatically. Borzello called KSU a couple of days ago after Hurt cancelled Indiana, yet the Indiana guy in the Chrystal ball shows WSU. Our visit was after KSU. Interesting indeed. Come on Stephen, you know you want to reunite with Coach Forbes...

:bball_spin:
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          I'm tired of seeing programs like SMU and Seton Hall getting top 50 recruits, while we still can't land one that will open eyes and make people say, "he did what!?!"We just need to get that one kid to commit, our success will continue to be sustained and then it will just snowball from there. The first hurdle is landing that prized national recruit to show other kids that yes, WSU can ball and WSU is not an island where recruits die.
          He wasn't a High School recruit, but Cle fits that bill. JUCO recruiting is less mainstream in who people want to fawn all over, but Cle was big time prior to coming to WSU. The guy was getting legit looks and talk about NBA caliber prior to seeing him against D-1 talent, and he was at a D-III JUCO which is low-low-low level JUCO.

I personally couldn't care less if we get a top 50 ESPN HS recruit. I'm happy with recruits like Stutz, Baker, Cotton, Wessel, Green, etc. who fly under the radar. We have a coaching staff that see's diamonds in the rough, and on top of diamonds in the rough, they recruit tough athletes who are about the program, the system, and not self-centered at all. A player that is a stud, that is a game changer may not work in Marshall's system where it's lots of touches for everyone on the court. A player who may have never played an ounce of lock-down Defense in their life because they can just score more than the other team at any given time. That's not the players we want.

If you follow the process, success follows. The Final Four proves that Marshall's process and system is effective. I don't care who we recruit, I have full faith in Marshall, Jans, Heiar & now one of the best recruiters in basketball Forbes. They can judge talent with the best of them in the country.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            Jerry Meyers (247Sports), Alex Bozich (Inside the Hall) and Zach Ostterman are now predicting Hurt will be a Shocker.
            What's happened on the crestal ball predictions, is Meyers and Bozich switch from WSU to KSU after Borzello went with KSU.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Well, we will probably know soon. Hope most the experts are wrong.

@AdamZagoria: Northwest Florida big man Stephen Hurt will decide within the next week - K-State, Wichita State, Indiana & Miami. Sounds like K-State leads
              In the fast lane

Comment

• The thing to remember about recruiting info is that unless a player names a leader, it's all just speculation. The tweet saying "Sounds like K-State leads" probably originated from Borzello, who is just hypothesizing. Then two other guys could feel like Borzello MAY have more insight so they switch their guess over to his.

Indiana just got a commitment today from a kid everyone else had going to UNC or UVa. So unless the player has divulged his current favorite (and you know that any recruiting service that gets a player to share that is going to share it, as well), don't put much stock in it.

Comment

• I've asked Alex Kline if he knows why several others think it will be KSU. Maybe we will get some insight on if it's based on good info or just a guess. I think the experts usualy lean to the bigger conference.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Uh oh.

Comment

• Still not worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        If you follow the process, success follows. The Final Four proves that Marshall's process and system is effective. I don't care who we recruit, I have full faith in Marshall, Jans, Heiar & now one of the best recruiters in basketball Forbes. They can judge talent with the best of them in the country.
                        ^This +100

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          I've asked Alex Kline if he knows why several others think it will be KSU. Maybe we will get some insight on if it's based on good info or just a guess. I think the experts usualy lean to the bigger conference.
                          Didn't find out much from Alex. He thinks both K-State and WSU are in it for Hurt. If there has been an indicator Hurt is favoring K-State, Alex didn't share it with me. He mentioned K-State's success with juco players. I don't know K-State's recruiting history but it couldn't be any better than the Shockers.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• Weber has a history of success with JuCo's at K-State??

He didn't have success with much of anything at his previous job - or he'd still have it.

These guys are amazingly uninformed considering they're handing out opinions as if they were golden.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I believe Alex Kline is either a freshman or sophomore in college FWIW.

QUOTE=Aargh;418093]Weber has a history of success with JuCo's at K-State??

He didn't have success with much of anything at his previous job - or he'd still have it.

These guys are amazingly uninformed considering they're handing out opinions as if they were golden.[/QUOTE]
                              Professional gas passer.

Comment

• K-State has had success with JUCOs. It just hasn't been with the basketball program.

Comment

Working...
                                X