Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    K-State has had success with JUCOs. It just hasn't been with the basketball program.
    To be fair, Frank Martin did recruit JUCOs fairly heavily... but recruiting is mostly about the coaching staff, not the school, outside of broad tendencies (blue bloods > power conference > non-power conference). I've seen nothing to say that Weber either has relied on JUCOs or has recruited a fair number of them.

Comment

• Maybe the writers are just confused about which school is which :)

Comment

• Perhaps confused is the operative word here.

Comment

• http://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Hurt-33761 Another so called expert predicting KSU so now up to 80/20. Hope the experts are all wrong. It never occurred to me that he would ever pick KSU over us as I was more concerned with Indiana or Miami. Bruce will kill that program like he has every other program he has been to. We are ascending and clearly KSU is descending and he is all but guaranteed to start here from day one because of who we graduate this year. Plus Marshall has a history of feeding the post. Even though he likes his teams to get up and down feeding Stutz and JT was a priority and a staple of the offense. He seems to be the one recruit where Geography is not hurting us so lets hope Marshall and Forbes can work some magic.

Comment

• Experts tend to follow each other, assuming one knows more than they do.

Look at how many kids commit to schools not even on thier "list".

Stephen gets final say where he goes.

Comment

• To use a non-Shocker example, let's all remember that Andrew Wiggins was 70/30 on going to either FSU or UK according to the experts, and ended up going to KU. It happens all the time when recruits keep their feelings close and reporters speculate and then report other speculation as fact. There are kids that are very forthcoming about their favorites, and those tend to be easier to read, but I think Hurt is more of the former type from what I've read.
              Last edited by CBB_Fan; September 25, 2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• What's this kid waiting for? Hasn't he finished his visits.... unless.... he dropped Indiana and has added a secret school to the mix?
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Why are people so impatient with recruits? It's always a big decision when it comes to choosing their destination and I have no problem giving them time to properly look at and analyze what's best for them.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I understand, but with all of the on campus visits that we have had, I am mildly surprised that we do not have a verbal or two.

Comment

• Hurt said awhile back that he would make a decision in mid October.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                        http://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Hurt-33761 Another so called expert predicting KSU so now up to 80/20. Hope the experts are all wrong. It never occurred to me that he would ever pick KSU over us as I was more concerned with Indiana or Miami. Bruce will kill that program like he has every other program he has been to. We are ascending and clearly KSU is descending and he is all but guaranteed to start here from day one because of who we graduate this year. Plus Marshall has a history of feeding the post. Even though he likes his teams to get up and down feeding Stutz and JT was a priority and a staple of the offense. He seems to be the one recruit where Geography is not hurting us so lets hope Marshall and Forbes can work some magic.
                        Weber killed SIU's program? That's news to me. Are Saluki fans aware of this?

Weber's SIU program pretty much put the MVC back on the map in the early 2000s. He took Illinois on a steady decline but to say he's killed every program he's been to is a gross over-exaggeration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          Hurt said awhile back that he would make a decision in mid October.
                          If you go back a page you'll see a post from trop four days ago that quotes a tweet saying Hurt would decide in the next week. I expect we'll hear his decision before this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Weber killed SIU's program? That's news to me. Are Saluki fans aware of this?

Weber's SIU program pretty much put the MVC back on the map in the early 2000s. He took Illinois on a steady decline but to say he's killed every program he's been to is a gross over-exaggeration.
                            Weber is the Nickleback of coaching. People love to jump on the bandwagon and hate.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                              http://247sports.com/Player/Stephen-Hurt-33761 Another so called expert predicting KSU so now up to 80/20. Hope the experts are all wrong. It never occurred to me that he would ever pick KSU over us as I was more concerned with Indiana or Miami. Bruce will kill that program like he has every other program he has been to. We are ascending and clearly KSU is descending and he is all but guaranteed to start here from day one because of who we graduate this year. Plus Marshall has a history of feeding the post. Even though he likes his teams to get up and down feeding Stutz and JT was a priority and a staple of the offense. He seems to be the one recruit where Geography is not hurting us so lets hope Marshall and Forbes can work some magic.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Why are people so impatient with recruits? It's always a big decision when it comes to choosing their destination and I have no problem giving them time to properly look at and analyze what's best for them.
                                Strangely enough, recruits very seldom seem to concern themselves with the timetables of impatient message board posters coping with boredom until the season starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X