No announcement yet.

Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall has never RS a JUCO and I don't expect him to here.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Marshall has never RS a JUCO and I don't expect him to here.
      That's why I don't see us signing another JC Center. If we do I would think that a RS would be a stronger possibility.

Comment

• If we sign Willie Atwood ( I expect us to sign another juco big).......if we sign him, then redshirting Bush is at least an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          If we sign Willie Atwood ( I expect us to sign another juco big).......if we sign him, then redshirting Bush is at least an option.
          I agree with this, but only if Morris and Kelly can both give us 10+ quality minutes per game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            If we sign Willie Atwood ( I expect us to sign another juco big).......if we sign him, then redshirting Bush is at least an option.
            Maybe, and I could be wrong, but I think that we only sign one more player and Atwood is our top target. Since Carter has turned out to be a top notch 5, we are looking for a scorer. I don't know if we are in on Eubanks but I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Marshall has never RS a JUCO and I don't expect him to here.
              He's never had a situation quite like this, either. He's talked a little wistfully at times about how he wished he could have had Orukpe for another year, but no redshirt was possible in that case because EO had already used it in juco.

If the Shocks can somehow fit in Atwood AND get him, there's a realistic possibility that Carter, Atwood, Morris, and Kelly could fill 80 productive minutes per game at the 4-5 spots next season, especially considering that against some teams Wessel could also collect a number of minutes in a small Ben Smith-type PF role. Obviously, that's a number of ifs, but none are farfetched -- and in that case Wamukota could be a definite redshirt candidate.

Comment

• Also remember, if we sign Atwood, then one of our options isn't coming back or isn't coming. It's a one for one trade and you have to imagine that one of Morris/Hamilton/Wamukota/Kelly/Brown/Wessel/Green/Carter won't be here. Who that person is could greatly alter our options.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Also remember, if we sign Atwood, then one of our options isn't coming back or isn't coming. It's a one for one trade and you have to imagine that one of Morris/Hamilton/Wamukota/Kelly/Brown/Wessel/Green/Carter won't be here. Who that person is could greatly alter our options.
                  Isn't it possible that either Wessel or Baker (or someone else, but those are in-staters) coule pull a Dougie McD and pay his own way?
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Maybe, but it's way more likely that one or two guys leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Isn't it possible that either Wessel or Baker (or someone else, but those are in-staters) coule pull a Dougie McD and pay his own way?
                      No!

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Easier to do that when you're coached by your dad.

Comment

Interestingly, Hurt is averaging 8 points, 5 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks for the #21 JUCO. Wamukota is averaging 6 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block for the #20 JUCO. They are the #6 and #14 rated JUCO players respectively. I think we did okay!
                          Hurt's numbers are so underwhelming that ya have to question his work ethic. He proved last year that he's capable of much better performance- even if the offense doesn't run through the post much, there's no excuse for 5 rpg and he should be able to get his 8 ppg on garbage buckets alone at 6'10" with D1 experience.

Looks like he mailed it in after signing with KSU in the fall and hasn't committed to using this season to improve. Likely not the type of guy who would have prospered under HCGM.

This one stung at the time but I think it was for the best.

Comment

• Don't I recall that Hurt said something about not wanting to play for a team that ran a lot? Maybe I'm remembering something that never was said, but may have been implied. Something about preferring a different style than WSU played.

If Hurt has been paying ttention to WSU at all, I'm confident he feels he made the right choice. A player who isn't willing to run non-stop for 40 minutes won't see much playing time at WSU.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              @Justin_Albers: Source says 2014 C Stephen Hurt cancelled Indiana visit because he is concerned with uptempo style of play. He's 280 pounds. #iubb
                              I believe this is what had us concerned about his avoiding of a running team. Sounded like he didn't want to work hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X