Darius Carter- is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrew_Bay View Post
    For me that wasn't too impressive. The dunks were nice, but all I saw was a complete lack of a second move in the post. All he has is a quick turn to the inside for a hook/layup. The only time he didn't do that was when he had an open lane to the bucket. That lack of a complementary move makes me worry about him as a back-to-the-basket scorer. He does look like he could be a great high-post type especially against the obnoxious number of zones we see in the valley. He needs to get some kind of second move this offseason to become an effective low-block scorer. He won't quicker/stronger than every post he sees at this level.
    He's a first team AA for nothing, cause a 2-3 minute video gives a complete picture on his value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew_Bay View Post
      Yeah I guess I missed that little inside spin. That is a great complement to that move and it looked pretty polished. Hopefully it was just a matter of the video where we didn't get to see that move often because D-1 scouting will take that inside baby hook away, at least shade to that side consistently. That video did show his ability to hit that inside baby hook from either side, and if his jumper is as consistent as it looks that would be real nice.

I wonder how good of a passer he is from the post. With his ability to pin his man and seal hard he could get the ball a lot inside. If he can kick out to the opposite side to shooters he will be real dangerous in the post.
      I've only watched a little of his tournament games, but from what I saw he seemed like a solid passer. I'd have to see more before I make a more definite statement about his ability in this area, though.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• He looks to me to have a game similar to Carl. A nice player who is physical, has long arms to rebound and block shots, has enough of a low post presence to demand some attention and can pass back out to the perimeter if people help on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          He looks to me to have a game similar to Carl. A nice player who is physical, has long arms to rebound and block shots, has enough of a low post presence to demand some attention and can pass back out to the perimeter if people help on him.
          I haven't seen enough to conclude he plays as physical or rebounds as well as Carl, who I think averaged 10 boards a game as a juco sophomore. But offensive skill-set looks similar, though a bit quicker and better mid-range shooter, which dare I say it, reminds me a lot of Jackie Carmichael.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            that phrase is banned, not?
            Depends how it's used. When I say at this level, I mean the highest levels of college basketball. That's how I read it.

I assume that's the phrase you were talking about.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I was thinking that Carl was 18 pts. and 8 rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                reminds me a lot of Jackie Carmichael.
                Bigger body than Carl or Carmichael?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  I would guess Carl. Carmichael is 6'10"

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                    No, just a similar style of offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      reminds me a lot of Jackie Carmichael.
                      How is his crane pose?
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                        How is his crane pose?
                        Still looking for his Mr. Miyagi.

Comment

• difficult to say how he compares to Carl since this was pretty much a video of his offense. He seems to be more explosive and has a pretty smooth jump shot. Carl is known for his rebounding and disruption in the lane. I'd like to see how Carter does on the defensive end.

Comment

• Pretty sure Darius has a thicker frame than Carl. Reminds me of Durley.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              difficult to say how he compares to Carl since this was pretty much a video of his offense. He seems to be more explosive and has a pretty smooth jump shot. Carl is known for his rebounding and disruption in the lane. I'd like to see how Carter does on the defensive end.
                              Wingspan.......this kid's wingspan looks hellish.

Comment

• Greg Marshall adds Darius Carter to next year's team, continuing the trend of recruiting the best JUCO players in the country. Oh, ya, and he's LeBron James's cousin.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X