X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter just tweeted 10 minutes ago...

"Wheels down in Wichita"

Comment

• I wonder if he's been invited up to share in the FF celebration?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        I wonder if he's been invited up to share in the FF celebration?
        I'm sure this is his official visit, which can only last 48 hours (unless you're grounded by a hurricane). So he'll be gone by Monday.

Comment

• It was encouraging to read the quote in Paul S. article today quoting Darius Carter as saying, "They got most of their team coming back." "I can't wait to get there." To that I say we are just as excited.

Once players get here they can learn how to work harder, improve their playing skills, get stronger, and join a team coming off a Final 4 Season. Lot's of great players such as Larry Bird and X-Man have played in the Valley and later in the NBA. We have a team returning next Season that may not be quite as experienced, but very possibly the deepest team ever in Shocker History in terms of quality players galore. All of them can play, and play well. Kerry R. has also trained NBA players in the weight room. We got it going on down here at 21st. and Hillside baybay!!!

So let me emphasize, supersize, underscore and underline the excitement of the very talented D. Carter and say "Shocker Fans, you better 'ticket up' because in that same article Mr. Cotton indicated they are still not satisfied, will work hard this summer, and "We will get right back here next year."

There are other solid Programs out there that have higher ranked players. Even so, we can testify that few Coaches or Programs will outwork out Coaching Staff and our Players. You can rate players but we have unsatisfied, MTXE road warriors that play angry, work hard to improve, and have big hearts. That is why a 9th seeded team went to the Final 4. Was it Digger that called our beloved Shocks "the wicked witch from the west?" Let's put it this way. I doubt the profound Valley prognosticators will be picking us no stinkin 4th place again this Season.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Darius will sign his LOI on Wednesday.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Glad to see DC on board.

Comment

• Sullentrop confirms that Carter has signed his LOI.

The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• So, are we still one over?

Comment

• Yup
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Are we?

Comment

• it's fairly simple math, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          it's fairly simple math, no?
                          Not when someone knows something but won't divulge it! Or if they're just causing trouble, eh DSB? :)

(This post is not intended to imply guilt in either of the above accusations. Make your own conclusion.)

Comment

• Im using simple math as Coach Marshall. I dont take a signed LOI today for a spot I dont have.

Trust me. We are not 1 over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Im using simple math as Coach Marshall. I dont take a signed LOI today for a spot I dont have.

Trust me. We are not 1 over.
                              I don't believe that HCGM is going to be "cutting bait" to make the math work. I believe that he and the other party already know that they will not be on scholarship (for whatever reason) next year. That doesn't change the fact that 14 D-I scholarship players are currently claiming that they will play at WSU in 2013-14, or at least haven't publicly renounced the previous claim that they would be playing here.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't doubt that it's already been worked out, but as far as the public is concerned, we're still one over until news comes out that says otherwise.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X