Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how big is this recruiting class gonna end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how big is this recruiting class gonna end up?

We have the four currently signed with that many open scholarships.

How many think Mantas's will open up now?

How many more will leave?

Coach said something about a HS pg, so that makes the number at least 5.

Any thoughts?

Looks like there's a reasonable chance, say better than 50/50, that another scholarship opened last night with the injury. That was before CGM was quoted as saying there could possibly be another 2 signed recruits. So if you count MG's scholly it's possible that up to 3 more players could be added to this year's class. What would that be 8?

Comment

I don't know the particular rules regarding medical allowances for cases like Mantas' but he and Wendell deserve to finish out their education at WSU. It's not like Mantas can transfer to a Juco or another school at this point.

Otherwise.......right now I really don't care. I want everyone that wants to stay and commit to WSU to do just that and I want everyone else to leave, and that includes the fans that don't like the way things are going.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I think we need to review the schollie situation:

Orukpe not here yet for 07-08 on schollie.
        4 graduating Seniors (Phil, PJ, Matt, Lance) in 08, 3 on schollies.
        Mantas is done, probably for good, would open up schollie.

AJ's year sit-out will be done and to play 08-09.
        Hannah, Kyles, Murry, and Stutz coming to play 08-09.

Antiquawn Beckham has been offered.
        Pursuing Gary Flowers from Chipola.

6'8" Ellis would be sophmore.

If we get Flowers, that would be 7 new players, 6 new schollies for 08-09.

That means 2 players would have to go to equal out.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          I don't know the particular rules regarding medical allowances for cases like Mantas' but he and Wendell deserve to finish out their education at WSU. It's not like Mantas can transfer to a Juco or another school at this point.

Otherwise.......right now I really don't care. I want everyone that wants to stay and commit to WSU to do just that and I want everyone else to leave, and that includes the fans that don't like the way things are going.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
          If it's career ending then he can stay and get his school paid for but it wouldn't count against the 13 for the team. I'm pretty sure that's how it works anyway.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

That's how I'm assuming it works.

Comment

You're right sub.

Comment

If it is not career ending but has a long recovery time, does he still have a year to redshirt? Or did he spend three years at Three Rivers?

Comment

A better question heading this thread might be "Who Do You Think Will Be Back For Sure?". Gris may be done with this second knee injury, GM is always an "IF" to come back to the states, Butler's gone, EO may never show up, JT is very one dimensional at this time and that doesn't cut it with HCGM, earlier in the season many thought Hatch wouldn't make the cut, I agree Wendell should be allowed to finish but he is a weak link, and the three seniors. The only safe bets are Ellis, A.J., and Ramon. With all the possibilities above, I think you've got to over sign just to be safe. Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    If it is not career ending but has a long recovery time, does he still have a year to redshirt? Or did he spend three years at Three Rivers?
                    I think in this case the NCAA would give him a 6th year if he had to miss next season but planned on coming back. It's not unheard of and considering they're both medical and pretty bad injuries it COULD happen if he wanted it. No guarantees.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Since asking this a couple of weeks ago, I have now wondered how many more might be on the way out. Just throw they stuff out about WP being a senior and such. I doubt it will pull any weight at all with coach after the recent performances by the team.

We know 3 seniors and Butler are gone. We really won't know about Mantas until later. My guess is two other gaurds are gonna be gone too. So that possibly leaves 3 more scholarships. And 4 if EO doesn't get here either.

So now what is everyone's take on the recruiting situation?

Comment

We have an jason kidd type player that can actually shoot in Clevin, a deep threat in T, a multi tool player in david, and a Dirk Nowitzki (or close to it) type guy in Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                          We have an jason kidd type player that can actually shoot in Clevin, a deep threat in T, a multi tool player in david, and a Dirk Nowitzki (or close to it) type guy in Garrett
                          And hopefully a Hakeem Olajuwon in the paint.

Comment

I would guess two more than we already have, minimum; a HS point guard and a HS 4 man glass cleaner. After that, if you can get good guys better than what you have, you take them. Easily could be 3 or 4 more. Wow, that's crazy. That's the way I see it, though.

Comment

I would think that Marshall is looking to bring in 2 or 3 more assuming that Orupke gets here.

Comment

Working...
                              X