Toure Murry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toure Murry

I have been fortunate to see him play several times this year but have not seen him play lately. Klein Forest is currently ranked 3rd in 5A in Tx. and 1st in Houston and I know Toure is their tallest player and plays point alot for them. His upside is SCARY with his recent growth spurt. This kid has a tremendous future on the college level. He is 6'4 and could be 6'6 with a wing span of 6'9 by the start of next year!

wait, 6'4 Toure is their tallest player? Seriously?

Comment

Do you like, what you see? From what you have seen, what are his strength and weaknesses?
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Breath deeply folks.

Comment

Toure can flat out score, he is a GREAT team defender and understands the game very well but will have to adjust to guarding jet quick players on a night in and night out basis. His quickness and athletism have not yet caught up with his growth spurt but it will. He has gone from 5'10 to 6'4 in one year and his body is just starting to develop. He is playing WAY above the rim and has the potential to be a better college player than HS player. He is being compared to Josh Carter at Texas A&M except more athletic. He is benefiting from playing with 3 other D1 players.

Comment

How bout this
            Toure Murry >>> P'allen Stinnett
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Toure's great but we haven't seen him play at the D 1 level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                thanks for taking off the yellow shades Hotel. I will believe it, when I see it. We as fans need to stop over hyping these players, and just let them come in and play basketball. Fans telling them how good they are and what not is just extra pressure they have to live up to. All I know is that Cooz, Oggirri and Brauer were not over hyped, and look how they turned out.

Let them under promise and over deliver.
                ________
                Ford Ikon Specifications
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Actually, Ogirri was probably over hyped. He was a Rivals 150 and had many glowing reviews written about him. I wouldn't say he completely disappointed though. With the exception of never developing anything other than his shot.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He does seem to have a good upside to him, and I am a little more jazzed about Toure than Kyles right now.

What can be great to see is how all the guards develop together. Sometimes after meeting your new teammates and becoming friends, and getting used to each other, it can become something special on the court. How they pair on the court could be interesting.

Comment

Toure

I am going to his game tonight and will give an update afterwards.
                      HTOWN44 - what part of town do you live in? Are you going to the game tonight?

Comment

Dan - wish I could join you.

I wanted to get to one of his games last month, but had stuff crop up at the last minute. I might try to go next Friday when they play Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
                          thanks for taking off the yellow shades Hotel. I will believe it, when I see it. We as fans need to stop over hyping these players, and just let them come in and play basketball. Fans telling them how good they are and what not is just extra pressure they have to live up to. All I know is that Cooz, Oggirri and Brauer were not over hyped, and look how they turned out.

I never had yellow shades.

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks

I never had yellow shades.
                            You can get a pair in the sporting goods section at Wal-Mart. They are made by Remington for shooting. :D

Comment

Dan,
                              I will not be at the KF game tonight. Flying out early tom. and my son has bball practice. We live in the Spring area.

Comment

Working...
                              X