Toure Murry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    Actually, Ogirri was probably over hyped. He was a Rivals 150 and had many glowing reviews written about him. I wouldn't say he completely disappointed though. With the exception of never developing anything other than his shot.
    And one thing we don't need this year is someone who can shoot (and actually score). Right? Scoring is so one-dimensional; who needs it? :lol:
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Murray

I took in the game last night. Murrary's team, Klein Forest, played a way overmatched Klein. KF basically looks like a team of athletic 6' to 6'4" guards. They can all handle the ball and shoot the 3. Someone said it earlier and it's true, Tourre is the best one of the bunch and several are DI caliber. Tourre reminds me of Steve Woodbury. He's long and smooth. Last night, his team won something like 90-60. TM didn't even play the 4th quarter as they let the bench players get some time. TM had around 20 points with 3 or 4 treys. I think he only missed one 3 pointer. He's a natural two guard, but also runs point a little. Not enough of a banger to play the 3 in my opinion. His very long arms lend to good rebounding and ability to force turnovers through traps and steals. He has the tendancy to let his reach do the work for him on defense instead of his feet, which is something he'll have to work on at the next level. It would be intersting to see him play tougher competition because this game was too lopsided to really showcase his abilities.

Comment

Re: Murray

Originally posted by Dan
        I took in the game last night. Murrary's team, Klein Forest, played a way overmatched Klein. KF basically looks like a team of athletic 6' to 6'4" guards. They can all handle the ball and shoot the 3. Someone said it earlier and it's true, Tourre is the best one of the bunch and several are DI caliber. Tourre reminds me of Steve Woodbury. He's long and smooth. Last night, his team won something like 90-60. TM didn't even play the 4th quarter as they let the bench players get some time. TM had around 20 points with 3 or 4 treys. I think he only missed one 3 pointer. He's a natural two guard, but also runs point a little. Not enough of a banger to play the 3 in my opinion. His very long arms lend to good rebounding and ability to force turnovers through traps and steals. He has the tendancy to let his reach do the work for him on defense instead of his feet, which is something he'll have to work on at the next level. It would be intersting to see him play tougher competition because this game was too lopsided to really showcase his abilities.
        Thx for your very fine report.

Comment

I was hoping for Steve Harris (Tulsa in 80's) but Steve Woodbury sounds good.
          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
          which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            Originally posted by goshocks
            Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            Toure's great but we haven't seen him play at the D 1 level yet.
            thanks for taking off the yellow shades Hotel. I will believe it, when I see it. We as fans need to stop over hyping these players, and just let them come in and play basketball. Fans telling them how good they are and what not is just extra pressure they have to live up to. All I know is that Cooz, Oggirri and Brauer were not over hyped, and look how they turned out.

Let them under promise and over deliver.
            I never had yellow shades.
            You can get a pair in the sporting goods section at Wal-Mart. They are made by Remington for shooting. :D
            I think Gunther Cunningham found a pair.

Comment

Hopefully Toure will never have to play the 3. Especially if he probably isn't suited for it. We should have enough other players for that position.

Comment

Hopefully Toure will never have to play the 3. Especially if he probably isn't suited for it. We should have enough other players for that position.
                Griskenas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  Griskenas.
                  Ellis
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                    Griskenas.
                    Ellis
                    Hawkins would be ahead of him on the depth chart at the 3 as well, and maybe Kyles.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I see AJ as more a 2, but you guys are right about Mantas and Aaron, definately 3's

Comment

I see both Hawk and Kyles more at SG. Kyles may even play some PG. Although I will agree that Hawk will probably end up playing some SF.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

how tall is David anyway, 6'2, maybe 6'3?

Comment

I see both Hawk and Kyles more at SG. Kyles may even play some PG. Although I will agree that Hawk will probably end up playing some SF.
                            I certainly see both of them as 2's first, but of the guards that might play swing over to play some at the 3, Hawkins is the most likely candidate and Kyles may be ahead of Murry.

Hopefully Gris will play well at the 3 next year, and I think Ellis is clearly the future of the program at that position. I really don't see anyone other that Hawkins taking any minutes there aside from those two unless there is some major foul trouble or the match-ups are such that having multiple 2 guards on the floor makes sense.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                              I certainly see both of them as 2's first, but of the guards that might play swing over to play some at the 3, Hawkins is the most likely candidate and Kyles may be ahead of Murry.

Hopefully Gris will play well at the 3 next year, and I think Ellis is clearly the future of the program at that position. I really don't see anyone other that Hawkins taking any minutes there aside from those two unless there is some major foul trouble or the match-ups are such that having multiple 2 guards on the floor makes sense.
                              I can agree with that
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Any way we look at it, it appears that these guys should be able to compete for spots and only make each other better.

Comment

Working...
                                X