Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

F4 team wasn't particularly tall
    get smaller; go to the F4

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

get smaller; go to the F4
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm not interested in another soft, unskilled big man. Give me a 6'7" - 6'8" dude that can play the game.

Comment

I'm not interested in another soft, unskilled big man. Give me a 6'7" - 6'8" dude that can play the game.
          Maybe we can put lifts in their shoes?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Our best rebounding teams had bigs that were excellent at boxing out to clear room for our guards to grab the ball. We seem to have forgotten how to box out in the last 4 years

Comment

Well, sort of. They had size if needed. 7' EO played in 30 of 36 games and averaged 15 mpg, plus 6'9" 250lb Lufile played in 30 games at 8 mpg.

Comment

• Best rebounders are the teams that rebound as a unit. Everyone blocks out and you don't rely on 2-3 guys to grab all the boards. Carl Hall was a great rebounder at 6'6" if we're being honest. Same with Rashard Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Best rebounders are the teams that rebound as a unit. Everyone blocks out and you don't rely on 2-3 guys to grab all the boards. Carl Hall was a great rebounder at 6'6" if we're being honest. Same with Rashard Kelly.
                  Orukpe was good at that. He boxed out 2-3 "smaller players at a time" which is one reason why we had some pretty good rebounding guards at that time.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Best rebounders are the teams that rebound as a unit. Everyone blocks out and you don't rely on 2-3 guys to grab all the boards. Carl Hall was a great rebounder at 6'6" if we're being honest. Same with Rashard Kelly.
                    Everything I've found so far (4 sources) say he is 6'8".

Comment

• Houston usually tops out around 6'8-6'9 in the frontcourt and they're the best rebounding team in CBB

Comment

• Some folks are content to just sign height. Sort of like a former baseball coach who was the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

CW 6'8 ? I'd feel better with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Hall? Maybe 6'6" but probably not quite.

Comment

• I know there's debate going on here and this is a bit of a cliche blanket statement, but we have watched enough guys in recent years that aren't good basketball players that I think we should just be happy with signing a good basketball player. Maybe he won't be able to be a #1 or #2 option but I have a lot of confidence that Washington will contribute positively in some form.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

CW 6'8 ? I'd feel better with that.
                                Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Hall? Maybe 6'6" but probably not quite.
                                I should have said Carl Hall.

I even looked at pictures. Definitely not 6'6" by those.

Comment

Working...
                                X