Makhi Myles 6'6" SF Class of 2023 - Committed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I still don't think he makes it to campus, and I'm okay with that if it means we've made a change at the top.
    I think you may be right, but I would hope the new coach at least gives him a look. Seems like a young Jaykwon Walton.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I think you may be right, but I would hope the new coach at least gives him a look. Seems like a young Jaykwon Walton.
      I don't think it would have anything to do with the new coach not giving him a look. He sounds like a talented player with upside. Most coaching changes tend to have a number of recruits who want to look elsewhere, maybe with coaches that they have had some previous relationship with through the recruiting process.

And considering the expected exodus of talent that would most likely come with a coaching change, I don't think you'd risk running off a kid like this. I simply think when Brown gets let go, that Myles will ask for his release and reopen his recruitment. Just seems to be the norm.

Or we could have a Deion Sanders situation where a coach says the kid isn't good enough, in which case I hope we've made a grand slam hire who believes he can bring in mega talent.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't think it would have anything to do with the new coach not giving him a look. He sounds like a talented player with upside. Most coaching changes tend to have a number of recruits who want to look elsewhere, maybe with coaches that they have had some previous relationship with through the recruiting process.

And considering the expected exodus of talent that would most likely come with a coaching change, I don't think you'd risk running off a kid like this. I simply think when Brown gets let go, that Myles will ask for his release and reopen his recruitment. Just seems to be the norm.

Or we could have a Deion Sanders situation where a coach says the kid isn't good enough, in which case I hope we've made a grand slam hire who believes he can bring in mega talent.
        I meant more that I hope the new coach prioritizes him, as a lot of coaches like to recruit their own guys.

Comment

If IB is still the coach this summer, this kid will probably come. If IB is not the coach this summer, practically no chance he comes.

Comment

I still don't think he makes it to campus, and I'm okay with that if it means we've made a change at the top.
            If that's the price we have to pay .. its worth it ..

Comment

Hahahahaha. Breathtaking contributions.

Because, really, who cares if we could lose the Miss state player of the year, along with Jaykwan Walton, Kenny Pohto, Colby Rodgers and J. Pierre next year. Who cares if HCIB could probably bring in a top 100 point guard. It's worth it, eh?

Remember, “The games are decided by great players making great plays.”- WSU Head Coach Gregg Marshall

ceremony.jpg
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 22, 2023, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                How about an awesome pg transfer for next Season?
                For Sure!

But for now I'll settle for 2 Jaywkwon Walton's next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  Hahahahaha. Breathtaking contributions.

Because, really, who cares if we could lose the Miss state player of the year, along with Jaykwan Walton, Kenny Pohto, Colby Rodgers and J. Pierre next year. Who cares if HCIB could probably bring in a top 100 point guard. It's worth it, eh?

Remember, “The games are decided by great players making great plays.”- WSU Head Coach Gregg Marshall

ceremony.jpg
                  Which Top 100 PG is coming here? The one that cancelled his visit before ever stepping foot on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If that's the price we have to pay .. its worth it ..
                    mississippi player of the year, boy.

you're on the wrong message board anyway. you're supposed to be on the aac board putting down wichita state all of the time so you can get acceptance from people that don't even like the shockers. all want to see them fail. they think you're nothing but a cuck.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post

mississippi player of the year, boy.

you're on the wrong message board anyway. you're supposed to be on the aac board putting down wichita state all of the time so you can get acceptance from people that don't even like the shockers. all want to see them fail. they think you're nothing but a cuck.
                      You feel better now? got that off your chest. Sorry that my "put downs" .. all that ended up coming true about the games they were said about ... hurt you.

Now back to the topic at hand. Makhi Myles looks like a great player .... but we are a team that will likely finish a game or two over .500 for the 2nd year in a row. We are losing our best player (Porter) and one of our top 3 players (Rojas) along with whoever else decides to transfer out. Myles isn't going to save us. A new coach might save us. So yet again .. If the price we have to pay to get a new coach is losing Myles, it's worth it.

Comment

Remember, making a decision based on short-term implications is what got us here in the first place. Let's not double down on that.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          Remember, making a decision based on short-term implications is what got us here in the first place. Let's not double down on that.
                          I don't think any of us have one iota of input on what happens. If IB is retained or let go, I can see the logic either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I don't think any of us have one iota of input on what happens. If IB is retained or let go, I can see the logic either way.
                            Same .. there are arguments for both ways on this

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

But there could very well be person (s) who are listened to.

Comment

I personally don't like IB's coaching style, but I think he and the team has improved a lot. If they stay together add Myles, Roger's a healthy Ballard and a decent PG to replace Porter. They could be really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X