Jaron Pierre - 6'4" SG Southern Miss Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Typical dumb response. You blame Coach IB because his team couldn't shoot worth a dam. Were talking wide open 3 points shot and point blank layups. All the offense design in the world can not solve that problem. And Not all of it was Tyson Etienne fault.I am sure that's why the recruiting for this YEAR has been on players that can make shots. Here are a few facts to help you understand.

WSU 3Point shooting percentages last year.

RC4. 30%
    MU. 20%
    DD. 29%
    JP. 30%
    QG. 32%
    CJ. 28%
    MJ. 28%
    KP. 30%

CLANG!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE. CLANGGGGGGGG
    FWIW I will like any post where you give the CLANGGGGG term its just due.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

FWIW I will like any post where you give the CLANGGGGG term its just due.
      But does the rim really CLANG when they miss a point blank layup? That seems a bit excessive.

Comment

It definitely doesn't clang when they throw up air ball after air ball.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

But does the rim really CLANG when they miss a point blank layup? That seems a bit excessive.
          At least one of Joe Pleasants point blank shots disagrees with that assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

A few points to consider:

1. At the time these players were recruited, some were recruited by IB.

2. The team was supposedly doing what IB instructed them to do last year.

3. If they were not, we sure didn't see much from IB correcting the problem, on the floor or otherwise.

4. MU going 1-5 from 3 was unimportant to your point.

5. Not including CP was important as he was the best 3 pt shooter at .341.

6. Unfortunately, IB had DD shooting nearly 3 times as many 3s as CP.

7. WSU shot 88 more 3s than their opponents.

8. The buck stops with the head coach, unless the players were running the show, then that's another IB problem (think ETN).
            It might be good to consider that if IB had told the players who couldn't shoot not to shoot, there would have been A LOT of shot clock violations. Bad 3 point shooting is worth about .9 points per possession. Shot clock violations are worth 0.0 points per possession. Dennis took more 3's than CP because Dennis was ALWAYS open. CP is one of the guys that was actually guarded.

When the SG is doubled, the Center is doubled, the PG is guarded closely, and the other two guys aren't guarded because they can't shoot or drive to the basket, the offense is going to look butt ugly.

Comment

IBs offense left a lot to be desired. There’s no question.

Also Dexter, who’s career 3-PT numbers were pretty good, was just awful last year - mostly on really good looks. Blame IB for the bad O, I agree on most.

But DD had open looks after open looks he missed. That’s just reality.

Comment

We’re sorry Mr. Pierre
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

It might be good to consider that if IB had told the players who couldn't shoot not to shoot, there would have been A LOT of shot clock violations. Bad 3 point shooting is worth about .9 points per possession. Shot clock violations are worth 0.0 points per possession. Dennis took more 3's than CP because Dennis was ALWAYS open. CP is one of the guys that was actually guarded.

When the SG is doubled, the Center is doubled, the PG is guarded closely, and the other two guys aren't guarded because they can't shoot or drive to the basket, the offense is going to look butt ugly.
                  That sounds like a lot of adjustments were needed. Who's in charge of that?

Unskilled players are on a team why?

Maybe Taylor needs to ask HCIB why the different problems you mentioned happened and they continued to do so throughout the season.

Comment

Typical dumb response. You blame Coach IB because his team couldn't shoot worth a dam. Were talking wide open 3 points shot and point blank layups. All the offense design in the world can not solve that problem. And Not all of it was Tyson Etienne fault.I am sure that's why the recruiting for this YEAR has been on players that can make shots. Here are a few facts to help you understand.

WSU 3Point shooting percentages last year.

RC4. 30%
                    MU. 20%
                    DD. 29%
                    JP. 30%
                    QG. 32%
                    CJ. 28%
                    MJ. 28%
                    KP. 30%

CLANG!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE. CLANGGGGGGGG
                    A few years ago, LSU had a FB Coach that ran the same running play over and over, and it stopped working. Did the coach stop running the play? No. He just kept doing the same thing over and over. Got himself fired for it.

If you know your players can’t make 3 point shots, why are you running plays for them over and over to take 3 point shots?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

That sounds like a lot of adjustments were needed. Who's in charge of that?

Unskilled players are on a team why?

Maybe Taylor needs to ask HCIB why the different problems you mentioned happened and they continued to do so throughout the season.
                      Because most of the players our Greg Marshall players. That's why Taylor Eldridge said WSU has been 1 of the worst shooting 3 point team for 4 years. Two by Gregg and two by IB. But all the blame on this board goes to IB because he is a black coach. And Greg Marshall is given a pass because he white. Go Shocks.

Comment

I have no problem with Eric Wedge. I like him. But I do have a problem with how IB is treated on this board compared to Wedge. Wedge has a losing record but you don't see all the negativity on the base ball board by the same people that critize Brown. 5he double standard of racism on this board is out of control. Not one hread about firing Wedge even though he. lost 11 straight and 16 out 17.

By the way Brown record at WSU in 2 years is better than Gregg Marshall and Mark Turgeon. Go Shocks.

Comment

Because most of the players our Greg Marshall players. That's why Taylor Eldridge said WSU has been 1 of the worst shooting 3 point team for 4 years. Two by Gregg and two by IB. But all the blame on this board goes to IB because he is a black coach. And Greg Marshall is given a pass because he white. Go Shocks.
                          I’m black and I wholeheartedly can guarantee you the reason IB gets so much flack isn’t because he is black, it’s because he is an inexperienced coach who was hired by a dunce AD, not to say there may not be people who don’t like IB having the position for that particular reason I’m just saying if IB was white I guarantee you he would receive the same amount of criticism given the same circumstances. Wichita state fans have been spoiled prior years, we are not use to losing and obviously the 1st ones to take the blame besides the actual players would be the head coach and AD
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

And now the race card is out on the table. When all else fails...........

Let's see: What players had their worst 3pt shooting last year.

ETN: Worst in 3 years

DD: Worst in 4 years

RCIV: Worst in 2 years

CP: Worst in 2 years

CJ: Worst in 2 years

I don't believe anyone else matters in that stat.

If you want, you can check FG% as well. Oh, yea. MU had his worst FG% in 4 years.

Go ahead and blame Marshall if it makes you feel better.
                            Last edited by ShockTalk; May 16, 2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Kenpom offensive numbers by year:

2022: 159th

2021: 61st

2020: 117th

2019: 135th

2018: 4th

Interesting. Last year the worst by some margin. 2021 was the second best by some margin.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

I’m black and I wholeheartedly can guarantee you the reason IB gets so much flack isn’t because he is black, it’s because he is an inexperienced coach who was hired by a dunce AD, not to say there may not be people who don’t like IB having the position for that particular reason I’m just saying if IB was white I guarantee you he would receive the same amount of criticism given the same circumstances. Wichita state fans have been spoiled prior years, we are not use to losing and obviously the 1st ones to take the blame besides the actual players would be the head coach and AD
                                Maybe your black maybe your not, no one here really knows. I'm dark brown, especially in the summer and I believe he would NOT receive the same amount of criticism if he were white.

A case can be made, but seldom is, that his offense was executed horribly. Next year will be interesting to see how this set of players handles the offence. My main concern with IB isn't his offense. I wonder if, with his personality, he is capable of motivating players and lighting a fire under a team. If he has the charisma required of a head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X