No announcement yet.

Jaron Pierre - 6'4" SG Southern Miss Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierre catch and shoot numbers from 3 are pretty good. We need someone that can bury an open 3. We don't need him to have to create his own shot all the time like he likely had to do at Southern Miss.

Its still a 'meh' signing but he's young and there is some potential to hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Read a little closer. Pierre did NOT shoot 36% from 3. He shot 33.5 for the last 2 years (33.7 20-21/33.3 21-22).

He shot 36% OVERALL for the last 2 years (38.6 in 20-21/34.2 in 21-22). Even ETN shot 35.9 overall in 21-22 (34.2 overall for Pierre).

You are not only cherry picking games for his shooting, but you cherry picked from his 2020-21 year (he shot better that year than 21-22). Minus the 3 games you picked, he shot 23.5% from 3 in all other games. CLANG!
      LMAO. You keep trying. Whatever he shot it was better than DD, MJ, CJ, RC4, KP, JP, and MU. Basically the entire team. And please do your self a favor and don't talk about TE. Everyone knows he was spoiled selfish player that took incredibly bad shots. Many on this board blame him for the chemistry problem our team had last year. Any comparison to Pierre is just stupid.

Comment

Don't I recall a guy named Frankamp who was a lights out shooter in HS. That didn't work for him at 2 different schools,although he did start figuring it out late in his career.

It might be harder to shoot 33% from 3 in the AAC. There are some players who recover incredibly quickly on catch and shoot situations.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

LMAO. You keep trying. Whatever he shot it was better than DD, MJ, CJ, RC4, KP, JP, and MU. Basically the entire team. And please do your self a favor and don't talk about TE. Everyone knows he was spoiled selfish player that took incredibly bad shots. Many on this board blame him for the chemistry problem our team had last year. Any comparison to Pierre is just stupid.
          I blame IB. He's the one who has control of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Does he though?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Does he though?
              Errrrr...should.

Comment

IB and staff just need to create a highlight/lowlight film starring Tyson Etienne. Doesn’t take a genius to show a kid why open set shots work and forced one legged guarded shots don’t work. Show it to every player that thinks they can can “get theirs” by going one on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Typical dumb response. You blame Coach IB because his team couldn't shoot worth a dam. Were talking wide open 3 points shot and point blank layups. All the offense design in the world can not solve that problem. And Not all of it was Tyson Etienne fault.I am sure that's why the recruiting for this YEAR has been on players that can make shots. Here are a few facts to help you understand.

WSU 3Point shooting percentages last year.

RC4. 30%
                  MU. 20%
                  DD. 29%
                  JP. 30%
                  QG. 32%
                  CJ. 28%
                  MJ. 28%
                  KP. 30%

CLANG!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE. CLANGGGGGGGG

Comment

Do you drink heavily?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Do you drink heavily?
                      I love it when you attack me personally. That tells me you can't handle facts and that I am right. Poor Atxsoxfan needs your help Mr.. Charlie.. Maybe you should go back to the baseball board and support our losing team. I think you would feel inspired and have a fire in yourbelly. Remember the standard is W and L and butts in the seats. Oops!

I tell the truth and you just think it hell.

Comment

I love it when you attack me personally. That tells me you can't handle facts and that I am right. Poor Atxsoxfan needs your help Mr.. Charlie.. Maybe you should go back to the baseball board and support our losing team. I think you would feel inspired and have a fire in yourbelly. Remember the standard is W and L and butts in the seats. Oops!

I tell the truth and you just think it hell.

That’s a big word salad for “yes”.

Comment

Typical dumb response. You blame Coach IB because his team couldn't shoot worth a dam. Were talking wide open 3 points shot and point blank layups. All the offense design in the world can not solve that problem. And Not all of it was Tyson Etienne fault.I am sure that's why the recruiting for this YEAR has been on players that can make shots. Here are a few facts to help you understand.

WSU 3Point shooting percentages last year.

RC4. 30%
                          MU. 20%
                          DD. 29%
                          JP. 30%
                          QG. 32%
                          CJ. 28%
                          MJ. 28%
                          KP. 30%

CLANG!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE. CLANGGGGGGGG
                          A few points to consider:

1. At the time these players were recruited, some were recruited by IB.

2. The team was supposedly doing what IB instructed them to do last year.

3. If they were not, we sure didn't see much from IB correcting the problem, on the floor or otherwise.

4. MU going 1-5 from 3 was unimportant to your point.

5. Not including CP was important as he was the best 3 pt shooter at .341.

6. Unfortunately, IB had DD shooting nearly 3 times as many 3s as CP.

7. WSU shot 88 more 3s than their opponents.

8. The buck stops with the head coach, unless the players were running the show, then that's another IB problem (think ETN).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That’s a big word salad for “yes”.
                            I have many autistic friends. Some handle it better than others. There’s about 5 on here that fit that. 2 of them handle it better than the other three.

I’m not going to name names, but it helps to keep in mind when they get animated.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I have many autistic friends. Some handle it better than others. There’s about 5 on here that fit that. 2 of them handle it better than the other three.

I’m not going to name names, but it helps to keep in mind when they get animated.
                              I have several anal retentive friends and they don't handle their condition well at all. This may explain some conditions more accurately on here.

Comment

You can’t be anal retentive if you don’t have an anus.

Last edited by SubGod22; May 16, 2022, 08:26 AM.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X