Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quincy Ballard - 7'0 240 transfer from Florida State (verbal to WSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless of how QB turns out with the Shocks, I'm very impressed that the coaching staff was able to beat out Syracuse for a recruit who is from Syracuse, NY.

Comment

• At least airport prestige.

Comment

• Skeptical, but welcome to Shocker Nation Mr. Ballard. I hope he makes the most of every opportunity he is given and I will happily eat some crow stew.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          I like it! Hope y’all have to eat crow. We badly need a rim protector.
          THIS

Comment

• There is no downside to this. We are not going to be signing 7ft polished freshmen out of hs. With three years to develop, this is a great snag. I get the “well who is going to develop him” comments. We haven’t seen a ton of players get better in the program over the last couple years…. But again we aren’t in a position to sign a ton of 4 and 5 star big guys…. And never have been.

I’m very excited about the additions so far.

Comment

• I like it. Not many 7 footers make an impact as a true freshman. We get a kid that had a year to practice against a team with numerous veteran 7 footers. What he did at Fl State is no concern to me whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

My issue is that I seriously doubt he is leaving FSU to come sit on the bench at WSU. He is going to expect minutes and is clearly not ready for that. If he is willing to sit a year and develop maybe. But again, who on this staff can develop big men?
                Meow Meow Meow!!!!!!!. This recuit and mother did not listen to all your NEGATIVE NOISE. Please don't hurt yourself. Time for you to go into the transfer portal. LMAO

Comment

• Not quite done yet but it’s looking like I’m going to like next year’s roster a lot more than this one’s. Remains to be seen if they can be coached well.

Comment

• It's April and so far the staff has signed two P5 cast offs.
                    Are they difference makers?
                    Who knows. It's April!

Are they better than those who have departed?
                    Better than Mo and Joe?
                    Jeezus I would hope so.
                    AND THATS NOT A NEGATIVE TAKE ON MO AND JOEI
                    It's more of a shake my head take on the staff for ever thinking those two could compete with AAC level.

The real question is can the newbies make a difference going against AAC players?
                    We know Mo and Joe could (or couldn't) do, so really no where to go except up!

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea .. 7 foot P5 transfer with 3 years eligibility. We've taken flyers on worse. At worst it should be someone that Pohto can bang against in practice to get used to the length of some of the other teams.
                      At worst, we get 5 more fouls from a Big rim defender, so that players (that means Mo) don’t have to stop defending their position because our 3rd Center is actually a 6’5” or 6’6” Power forward named Joe.

Hopefully, he turns out better than (at worst) that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                        It's April and so far the staff has signed two P5 cast offs.
                        Are they difference makers?
                        Who knows. It's April!

Are they better than those who have departed?
                        Better than Mo and Joe?
                        Jeezus I would hope so.
                        AND THATS NOT A NEGATIVE TAKE ON MO AND JOEI
                        It's more of a shake my head take on the staff for ever thinking those two could compete with AAC level.

The real question is can the newbies make a difference going against AAC players?
                        We know Mo and Joe could (or couldn't) do, so really no where to go except up!

That is all.
                        Kind of where I am. Seems better. Hard to tell. But more encouraging than I was expecting.

Syracuse was obviously interested. Not super often we’re winning straight up against them in a 1-on-1 recruiting battle.

FWIW their fans on twitter seemed to want Quincy far more than SN posters. Which I find interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                          There is no downside to this. We are not going to be signing 7ft polished freshmen out of hs. With three years to develop, this is a great snag. I get the “well who is going to develop him” comments. We haven’t seen a ton of players get better in the program over the last couple years…. But again we aren’t in a position to sign a ton of 4 and 5 star big guys…. And never have been.

I’m very excited about the additions so far.

There is always a possible downside. Hope KP does not feel threatened by this. Time will tell. Still need a PG and a SHOOTER.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

There is always a possible downside. Hope KP does not feel threatened by this. Time will tell. Still need a PG and a SHOOTER.
                            If KP feels threatened by a recruit that is unproven, he’s not a guy we need.

Comment

• I disagree ! We need KP as a perimeter threat !

Comment

• Looks like QB was a 6'8" power forward in HS when he was being recruited. Has pretty good ability to rebound around the basket and immediately put it back up and in. I hope he can improve over the summer and be a real contributor for us next year. It will feel good not to look like the munchkins playing against some of the other AAC teams.
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X