Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quincy Ballard - 7'0 240 transfer from Florida State (verbal to WSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ballard has averaged 0.6 fouls in his 4 minutes per game. That would equate to a 2.18 fouls if he were to have played the same 14.5 minutes as Kepnang. Not much difference.
    I was agreeing that Kepnang was a better option, but that he would need to be able to stay on the floor.

Comment

If the Shox can go 3-deep at Center, 2.4 fouls in 14.5 minutes isn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I was agreeing that Kepnang was a better option, but that he would need to be able to stay on the floor.
        One of the advantages of having 3 Center's is that the team has at least 15 fouls prior to going to shorter players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

One of the advantages of having 3 Center's is that the team has at least 15 fouls prior to going to shorter players.
          I'll take quality over quantity. We have had post players by committee before and it worked well, but I believe they were all better and/or more experienced than what we are mostly talking about now. But, beggars can't be choosers I guess. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

No word yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ventichai View Post
              No word yet?
              Posted a day or so ago. Probably next week at the earliest it sounds like?

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Posted a day or so ago. Probably next week at the earliest it sounds like?

https://twitter.com/ESPNSyracuse/sta...SbisbP9Ag&s=19
                Appreciate the link! It sounds like, by all accounts, he’s going to end up in Syracuse. Which can be good or bad, depending on how you view his potential. I don’t think most people will be heartbroken either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ventichai View Post

Appreciate the link! It sounds like, by all accounts, he’s going to end up in Syracuse. Which can be good or bad, depending on how you view his potential. I don’t think most people will be heartbroken either way.
                  Perhaps. But keep in mind this is a Syracuse show. So it will be slanted. Could come down to how much he values playing time vs being close to home.

Yeah I won't be heartbroken either way. He isn't a game changer. But could be a piece if there are others around him. Who really knows.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

It seems like Syracuse media and fans are high on this kid. I can't imagine its only because he is a local kid, right?

Comment

I have to say, just hearing out loud somebody say a kid has narrowed down his choices between Syracuse and Wichita gives me some warm vibes. I just don't want to believe we have fallen off as dramatically as it seems. He may end of in NY, but at least we still have some pull. At least the guys weren't laughing out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        I have to say, just hearing out loud somebody say a kid has narrowed down his choices between Syracuse and Wichita gives me some warm vibes. I just don't want to believe we have fallen off as dramatically as it seems. He may end of in NY, but at least we still have some pull. At least the guys weren't laughing out loud.
                        Well this guy hasn't shown much ability so....

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

The dreaded "raw talent".

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Sure. He may very well be a bust. Who knows. I’m just talking about media perception. East coast at that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'll take quality over quantity. We have had post players by committee before and it worked well, but I believe they were all better and/or more experienced than what we are mostly talking about now. But, beggars can't be choosers I guess. Hope I'm wrong.
                              So we are better off if we only have 10 scholarship players than a 7 footer who is big and athletic, even though raw. I don't mind a 3rd Center (if he doesn't pan out) if he looks like that. If he does pan out, we have a big Center who can play. I guess I don't trust your talent judgement. Sometimes quantity pans out.

Comment

I also will take quality over quantity. Give me 5-6 high BBIQ studs and 2-3 decent ballers that know and accept their roles without trying to to impress everyone. Always leave a couple scholarships available. Anything over 9-10 players is just going to gum up the works with unhappy players who will disrupt chemistry and end up transferring anyway. Right now we may have four. Need 3-4 more quality guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X