Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quincy Ballard - 7'0 240 transfer from Florida State (verbal to WSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Ballard - 7'0 240 transfer from Florida State (verbal to WSU)

This was discussed in the transfer thread, but with him taking an official visit I think it's worth a dedicated thread

With Covid giving players an extra year, would he be a junior or sophomore next year?

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
      With Covid giving players an extra year, would he be a junior or sophomore next year?
      Taylor said that he will have three years of eligibility left.
      78-65

Comment

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

View the profile of Wichita State Shockers Center Quincy Ballard on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

Comment

This kid has no bounce or explosion. Can't (or doesn't know how to) square up. Plays with zero emotion.

Didn't see much of it in this clip, but he looks like a softy who can't, or won't, bang. At least, not to the level of the post we have now. If he could he probably wouldn't be the 'Noles 12th man.

Comment

I know there are some red flags with this guy from a productivity level, but I'm okay taking a shot at a guy like this with his length and athleticism
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Beat out by a walk on at fsu. I just don’t see it. We need contributors not bench warmer types. Ugh.

Comment

This guy is still a real diamond in the rough type of player.

It is my understanding that he has only played basketball for 4 years.

Comment

What makes him a diamond in the rough in your opinion?

Comment

Come on, give him a break. He's not that much worse than Bush Wamukota.

Comment

He was ranked about #333 coming out of high school by a recruiting service.

Comment

There are times where you can afford to take on a project.

But with the transfer portal what it is now-a-days (players not gonna be sticking around 4 years very often, especially on the bench) and with how poor our Frontline has been.....I think we need someone with at least a little more proven ability. A JUCO 6'9" guy that has been productive for their team would be less of a risk than this guy IMHO.

I like height, but quality height.

I am not suggesting landing a lunker. But I think we should do better if we can. If he is the only big guy willing to come to us.....then yes he is better than nothing.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

There are times where you can afford to take on a project.

But with the transfer portal what it is now-a-days (players not gonna be sticking around 4 years very often, especially on the bench) and with how poor our Frontline has been.....I think we need someone with at least a little more proven ability. A JUCO 6'9" guy that has been productive for their team would be less of a risk than this guy IMHO.

I like height, but quality height.

I am not suggesting landing a lunker. But I think we should do better if we can. If he is the only big guy willing to come to us.....then yes he is better than nothing.
                            I don't mind signing this kid (a project) if Brown plans to play him. This kid did average 6 Blocks per game in Prep School. Last year, I saw Pohto sit on the bench instead of giving him experience and playing time to get Udeze (who has a lower ceiling) into the game as often as possible. If Ballard and Pohto, both have a high ceiling (which I believe that Pohto does), they need to play. Last year, Mo backed off sometimes, to avoid fouls, and this cannot happen if we have 3 Center's with ability.

Comment

Gotta remember we have 5... Likely 6 scholarships to fill this spring. We are likely going to take a flyer on a couple of raw players just to get the roster filled. A 7 footer isn't a bad type of player to take a flyer on. I'd much rather try a 7 footer that ends up sitting on the bench than leave a scholarship open like we did this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X