Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quincy Ballard - 7'0 240 transfer from Florida State (verbal to WSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Can we discuss what the teams he has put together in the past looked like? How they played? I hear past behavior is the best predictor or future behavior.
    Since he has been a head coach for only 1year we all know there is no track record for that. Duh!!! So it w.ould only be fair give him time to develop a record. I know the ORANGE CULT MEMBERS like you on this board don't want to give him a fair chance to develop a record.. That's why you say things on this board to try and hurt potential recruiting. I feel sorry for you. You are controlled by hate,.

But we do know that he has not been fired from a college head coaching position for sexual battery and public drunkness. We do know that he has not resigned a position after an investigation for verbal and physical abuse.. Go Bobby Knight and Woody Hayes. And your right!!! Past behavior is an indication of future behavior. Time for another shot of moonshine for you.
    Last edited by TheShocktocles; April 2, 2022, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
      Totally disagree eeshocker, almost the same team two years in a row.

You really change a team when a starting position is totally open.

WSU has 2 open spots this year at 2G and PF.
      I thought our 2 open spots last year were taken by Porter and Pleasant (PG and PF). Does that count as new team or same team?
      Last edited by Dan; April 2, 2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Since he has been a head coach for only 1year we all know there is no track record for that. Duh!!! So it w.ould only be fair give him time to develop a record. I know the ORANGE CULT MEMBERS like you on this board don't want to give him a fair chance to develop a record.. That's why you say things on this board to try and hurt potential recruiting. I feel sorry for you. You are controlled by hate,.

But we do know that he has not been fired from a college head coaching position for sexual battery and public drunkness. We do know that he has not resigned a position after an investigation for verbal and physical abuse.. Go Bobby Knight and Woody Hayes. And your right!!! Past behavior is an indication of future behavior. Time for another shot of moonshine for you.
        Lol. Speaking of hate, your hate shines through. You need to check my record on posts concerning ACIB. The results will surprise you.

There were few who supported ACIB more than me before he got promoted. It might actually surprise you to know the full details, but let’s just say “we’ve met”.

You sound like the alter ego of others on the board. Deflect/deflect/make stuff up/personal attack.

I feel sorry for the ignorance you show every time you posts this broken record. Everyone understands that he has only been a HC for a year. Coach Waterman has only been here for two. Try comparing the track record of recruits joining our program. Coach Waterman’s already outnumber Coach Browns.

So, yes, I’ll drink my moonshine knowing the truth. HCIB was not the right hire as Head Coach for Wichita State.

Comment

Dan, I don't get your point.

Brown recruited 3 players from last year's team, Grant Pleasant, and Pohto.

That is 3 out of 10 that played.

My point was that the players who played the most minutes last year also played here the year before.

It was not a new team. This year Brown will recruit at least 4 new players. This coming year, the players will be mostly his recruits.

People want to say, this is Brown's team. Next year you can honestly say that.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
            Dan, I don't get your point.

Brown recruited 3 players from last year's team, Grant Pleasant, and Pohto.

That is 3 out of 10 that played.

My point was that the players who played the most minutes last year also played here the year before.

It was not a new team. This year Brown will recruit at least 4 new players. This coming year, the players will be mostly his recruits.

People want to say, this is Brown's team. Next year you can honestly say that.

You guys do know that IB was here before he became HC right? His primary thing as an assistant was recruiting. The existing players are his players as much as they were Marshalls. Unless you think HCGM told his assistants to recruit bad players, and IB would have recruited much better players if Marshall would have let him. I personally don't think that IB is going to turn things around next year no matter who he brings in. He has been on a downward trajectory since they named him HC. In 2 years he has won 1 AAC conference tournament game and no post season games.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

You guys do know that IB was here before he became HC right? His primary thing as an assistant was recruiting. The existing players are his players as much as they were Marshalls. Unless you think HCGM told his assistants to recruit bad players, and IB would have recruited much better players if Marshall would have let him. I personally don't think that IB is going to turn things around next year no matter who he brings in. He has been on a downward trajectory since they named him HC. In 2 years he has won 1 AAC conference tournament game and no post season games.
              Wah, wah, wah. You can gripe and complain and ***** and moan all you want, but IB is here until at least '24-'25 unless someone shows up with an armored car full of cash at CKA. IB may not be the guy you want as WSU's coach, but he's the guy we've got. You may as well deal with it.

Complaining will accomplish nothing other than making SN less desirable to visit.

Complaining about him in the recruiting forum is mind-numbingly idiotic. If there's anything a recruit is going to read on SN, it will be the recruiting forum. Recruiting is hard enough without fans muddying up the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Wah, wah, wah. You can gripe and complain and ***** and moan all you want, but IB is here until at least '24-'25 unless someone shows up with an armored car full of cash at CKA. IB may not be the guy you want as WSU's coach, but he's the guy we've got. You may as well deal with it.

Complaining will accomplish nothing other than making SN less desirable to visit.

Complaining about him in the recruiting forum is mind-numbingly idiotic. If there's anything a recruit is going to read on SN, it will be the recruiting forum. Recruiting is hard enough without fans muddying up the waters.
                I was responding to the quote saying it wasn't Brown's team. I disagree. If you and some others are happy with 7th place finishes and mediocrity that is up to you. I am not.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I keep clicking this thread fully expecting to see “committed to [insert not WSU here]”

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

If recruits are basing their decision on what they see a bunch of idiot fans say on a message board I am not sure they are a good fit to begin with. Let’s cool it on the importance of SN. It’s literally just a place for fans to speculate and get out their frustrations. I have zero problem with anyone expressing opinions about IB (good or bad). Just know that you have to be willing to defend your point and not get butthurt if someone doesn’t fall in line 100%.

Comment

My position is that we have IB as our coach for the next 3 or so years. There ain't a damn thing we or the athletic department can do about it unless a lot of money shows up, which is incredibly unlikely considering the circumstances under which IB became the coach.

Whether it's too early to judge his performance or not doesn't matter. We get 3 more years to learn what kind of a coach he is. During that time I'm mentally prepared to watch the Shox move from the top 3 or 4 teams in the league to being among the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the league.

When there is no choice but to give IB a couple of years to see if he can figure it out, we may as well give him a couple of years to see if he can figure it out.

I think one problem last year was that IB had no clue how to deal with a player like Etienne. Etienne was allowed his dream of auditioning for the NBA. The inept shooting of a couple of starters made that impossible for Etienne.

The offense was unwatchable and embarrassing. Anybody have an idea of how to run a successful offense when two players on the court can be left unguarded? While I have little or no confidence in the coaching staff, I think the staff is being blamed for a mostly inherited roster that had no chance to run a decent offense.

It would have taken a miracle recruit at PF to fix the roster, and that was unlikely since IB had no ability to recruit until February. IB missed in the portal, but Pohto looks good. If Ricks and Abidde can contribute next year, then WSU has a chance to be on the upswing. IB needs a major hit on a post player or two for that to happen. If Ballard commits, then a home run hit on recruiting a PF is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

If recruits are basing their decision on what they see a bunch of idiot fans say on a message board I am not sure they are a good fit to begin with. Let’s cool it on the importance of SN. It’s literally just a place for fans to speculate and get out their frustrations. I have zero problem with anyone expressing opinions about IB (good or bad). Just know that you have to be willing to defend your point and not get butthurt if someone doesn’t fall in line 100%.
                        Well said idiot ; D

I for one would like to see what IB can accomplish with an all-league point guard. Oh wait, we already did. And it wasn't the one setting up the offense and running the fast break this year. Although some of the sunshine pumpers on this board would post otherwise. The kid from Bradley who probably help there.
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 4, 2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Maybe the admins can move all this IB talk to the IB thread?

Comment

A little nugget from Taylor: Quincy is visiting Syracuse this weekend. Apparently it’s down to us and the Orange. Decision coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              A little nugget from Taylor: Quincy is visiting Syracuse this weekend. Apparently it’s down to us and the Orange. Decision coming soon.
                              Syracuse would be my guess. Chance to be back home I believe?
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Story on his visit to Syracuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X