Tre King - 6'9 F, Georgetown, EKU transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Better chance to "stand out" as a potential NBA'er at Wichita. But I suppose the brighter lights of the Big-12 will win this battle.
    Maybe, maybe not. I have nt idea what Tre King or his advisors are looking for in terms of the style of basketball a team plays or how deeply this recruit or recruits in general delve into that. Will he be intereted in the Shocks dribble-drove, pick and roll/pick and pop offense, although the Shocks don't tend to find the roller and popper all that often vs the style Iowa State plays which I really can't commnet on much.

However, there is one stat comparison that really stands out to me. The Shockers have 69 assists and 88 turnovers in 6 games. Iowa State has 120 assists to 54 turnovers in 6 games.

That blow out of Memphis by Iowa State really came at a good time for the Cyclones as well. That had to be pretty impressive to Tre.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 28, 2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• It's really down to WSU and Iowa State.

Comment

• When do we expect a decision by Tre?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          When do we expect a decision by Tre?
          Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Wednesday.
            Wednesday is symbolic of hump day. If he choses us, the perception is we will get over the hump.

Comment

• Feels like the momentum is Iowa State. Last visit always seems to stick ... plus they have that huge win over Memphis .. even though Memphis is always overrated early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Feels like the momentum is Iowa State. Last visit always seems to stick ... plus they have that huge win over Memphis .. even though Memphis is always overrated early.
                I'm concerned more about Iowa St as well. However, their roster is filled with upperclassmen. 5 seniors and 6 juniors with the lone sophomore and freshman neither playing the 4/5. They also have only 9 players that have seen action in all 6 games with 2 others (both guards) playing only 1 game each. If King comes in thinking he's going to get 20-25 minutes, that's going to take a chunk of time from 2 or 3 of those upperclassmen. Or maybe he doesn't get that much time and is used more in the range of 15-18 mpg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Feels like the momentum is Iowa State. Last visit always seems to stick ... plus they have that huge win over Memphis .. even though Memphis is always overrated early.
                  I agree with this. I think Iowa St will be his choice unfortunately.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm concerned more about Iowa St as well. However, their roster is filled with upperclassmen. 5 seniors and 6 juniors with the lone sophomore and freshman neither playing the 4/5. They also have only 9 players that have seen action in all 6 games with 2 others (both guards) playing only 1 game each. If King comes in thinking he's going to get 20-25 minutes, that's going to take a chunk of time from 2 or 3 of those upperclassmen. Or maybe he doesn't get that much time and is used more in the range of 15-18 mpg.
                    If he cannot play the spring semester, watching those upperclassmen play in the dance can't be that big of a draw

Comment

• The pessimism on from this fan base is certainly intoxicating. Studies show that life is better lived, longer lived, and certainly more fun, when lived with at least a little joy and optimism. There are a few Shocker fans who seem to have always liked living with that negative POV, and will undoubtedly, shorten their lives. To the future.

Comment

• I believe that he will be here next semester. The relationship with Coach Brown will be the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                          I believe that he will be here next semester. The relationship with Coach Brown will be the difference.
                          That is certainly a possibility. Would not be the first time that has happened.

Comment

• I want to know how ShoxLax is feeling about Tre and what he is going to do his is the only opinion I'm interested in right now. So?

Comment

• He is needed here and will play. That may well be the deciding factor.

We are good either way. KP is a ManChild and will continue to improve as the season progresses.

Mo needs to get his head out of his arse or he may be sitting on the pine with or without Tre

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                                He is needed here and will play. That may well be the deciding factor.

We are good either way. KP is a ManChild and will continue to improve as the season progresses.

Mo needs to get his head out of his arse or he may be sitting on the pine with or without Tre
                                If he is able to play for WSU he will be able to play at ISU or Mizzu as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X