Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Tre King isn’t even at 1-1.5 blocks per game for his career. He has one season in three where he hit that range when he averaged 1.2.

Jaime Echinique is the last Shocker to average more than one block per game with 1.6. The site doesn’t break out his blocks by shooter height so no telling if they were all legit. Echinique not what I would call an explosive athlete.
      I agree that King isn't similar to Jamie who is only a 5, where King is a combo 4/5. The last season for King has shown how much he has improved in his bpg. I don't disagree at all that a past Shocker player who showed superior blocking one year (probably as a Junior) would be comparing apples to apples. My main point to all of this is that King (who last year had 1.2 bpg) would be a really good get, and we don't have another player with these (1.2 bpg) shot blocking skills on the team. I hope we get him. If he doesn't play until next year, we would no longer need to be recruiting another Juco big guy, but King would be able to learn our systems during 2nd Semester, as a transfer. If he can play this year, all the better.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...H7BuSstgA&s=19
        Let's make this happen.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Thank goodness these old fuddy-duddies know about our old school centers and their blocked shots.
            Disclaimer alert... this isn't a political statement...

Comment

We need anything that involves the NCAA to break our way for once.

Comment

I'm not going to say anything about the recruiting of this young man but just let me say that for whatever reason anytime Shoxlas has more than a couple of things to say about a guy the next thing I see is he is now a Shocker. Coincidence? I hope not.

Comment

Theoretical transfer rule situation here.

If say he decides next week he wants to come to WSU and we get a waiver for him and the scholarship 2nd semester, then he can practice with the team until then right? I'm guessing if we don't get the scholarship back until 2nd semester he would need to enroll and pay his own way until then.

Even just having him as someone to practice against feels like a huge win.

Comment

What, when, where, why and how is there not a ruling yet on the scholarship??? The season started already. Geez...
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

McFarlane is enrolled at LaSalle and on their roster but apparently not eligible yet. If he's on the roster, it's difficult to comprehend how the NCAA can justify him occupying essentially 2 scholarships, one here and one there. We essentially get punished for a kid who wants to go home.

Wait....being told a kid at KU got 3 games for a DUI. Now us losing a scholly for an entire year makes perfect sense. Moving on.

Comment

Offering another theoretical long term view, should he start playing as a Shocker 1/1/22 with two years of eligibility, then on 12/31/23 he’s done. I can certainly see a scenario where that would be very unfortunate. We’ve experienced that before around here, many of you will remember. Not suggesting it would bear the same weight but you never know what our circumstances might be at the time! For now, for sure, I see all kinds of upside.

Comment

Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                          Offering another theoretical long term view, should he start playing as a Shocker 1/1/22 with two years of eligibility, then on 12/31/23 he’s done. I can certainly see a scenario where that would be very unfortunate. We’ve experienced that before around here, many of you will remember. Not suggesting it would bear the same weight but you never know what our circumstances might be at the time! For now, for sure, I see all kinds of upside.
                          It doesn't work that way anymore. If he has two years eligibility and played this season, next year would be his final year.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It doesn't work that way anymore. If he has two years eligibility and played this season, next year would be his final year.
                            If true, excellent. The upside is better that I thought. Make his visit unforgettable, sell it, sign him. Christmas starts earlier every year so they say!

Comment

Take him to Pogo's or the Lancers Club and he'll be sold.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                What, when, where, why and how is there not a ruling yet on the scholarship??? The season started already. Geez...
                                C’mon man! You know they’re too occupied with K-who lawyers and we’re just a pimple on an elephants a$$.

Comment

Working...
                                X