Jameel McKay 6-8 F to Iowa State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jameel McKay 6-8 F to Iowa State

The 6-8 190lb forward in his first year at Indian Hills juco is claiming offers from the Shockers, Memphis, Iowa State, Arkansas, Missouri and USC. Memphis was the lastest to offer and Jameel is pretty high on the Tigers. He is averaging 15 points and 9 rebounds and is a very good shot blocker. His hometown is Milwaukee. Our lead recruiter appears to be Greg Heiar.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Jameel McKay (Class of 2011) put on a defensive clinic at the NY2LA invitational. Here are just some of his highlights. This Milwaukee prep star will attend ...
    Last edited by tropicalshox; February 14, 2012, 09:02 PM.
    In the fast lane

Jameel's late night workout:

Jameel McKay 6'9 Indian Hills #35Frank Williams 6'6 Indian Hills #33Late Night Workout
    In the fast lane

Comment

Are you an insider, trop? I am not, but the teaser almost sounds as if the kid was a qualifier and CHOSE to go to Indian Hills to raise his profile.

Comment

Possibly to raise other things as well, such as his weight, pin. A 6-8 PF is pretty slim at 190.

Comment

Correct, but the point I was making is that if he was a qualifier, he could be a 2012, not a 13.

Comment

He's not a qualifier.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Indiana showing strong interest by having three coaches watch McKay. McKay was named as a NJCAA first team All-American.

In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                Indiana showing strong interest by having three coaches watch McKay. McKay was named as a NJCAA first team All-American.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/conten...ta&CID=1355231
                Trop, sure appreciate all of your efforts. How does our recruiting class compare on a National scale? Are we a top 50? Also, where would we rank in the Valley? I'm thinking number 1 this Season on our recruiting class. Last question is, who do you see as incoming recruits to the Valley that would be impact type players for next Season? Thanks in advance.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Trop, sure appreciate all of your efforts. How does our recruiting class compare on a National scale? Are we a top 50? Also, where would we rank in the Valley? I'm thinking number 1 this Season on our recruiting class. Last question is, who do you see as incoming recruits to the Valley that would be impact type players for next Season? Thanks in advance.
                  Your forgot...i'll hang up and listen!!! lol

Comment

Everybody would put us well inside their top 50 if they went that far, but they don't. With ESPN giving Fred a decent ranking compared to the other sites, we are probably not far outside their top 20. I think we have two tremendous juco recruits, who along with Hawkins gives us a top 25 or better IMO. However many won't give much weight to Early or Wiggins. To be fair to other Valley teams, I haven't kept up with their recruiting as I have in some years. From what I have seen, we are no doubt #1.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Indiana and Illinois offer.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        Indiana and Illinois offer.
                        Can't see Jemeel going mid-major with all of the major offers. Talk to him and he is dreaming of big time. It will be interesting to follow.

Comment

McKay is hearing the most from Wichita State, Iowa State, Indiana, Memphis, Missouri and Illinois. He remains open to all recruiting him.

In the fast lane

Comment

Offered by Florida.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Young man has 6 top targets, including WSU.

The source for Junior College Basketball Recruiting News and Updates

Comment

Working...
                              X