Mikey Saunders Jr. 6'0 PG Cincinnati Transfer to Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

So pretty much every D-1 school will average about 6-7 transfers per year. Free agency in college athletics. Next will be "trades" and "franchise tags". Heck let's go ahead and put a salary cap in there as well.
    I don't think that this in itself is going to dramatically increase transfers. That has already happened with other rules changes. Allowing inter conference transfers should have minimal additional effect.

Comment

So pretty much every D-1 school will average about 6-7 transfers per year. Free agency in college athletics. Next will be "trades" and "franchise tags". Heck let's go ahead and put a salary cap in there as well.
      These are the same people who are eschewing women's rights in college athletics remember.

Nobody ever accused them of being geniuses. It's the new normal (the stupid part).

Comment

It was a stupid rule anyway. Just hurts the American conference. No player is going to reconsider transferring because they can't stay in the same league. It just makes sure that the Jayden Gardners of the world go power 5 and players that can't quite cut it at houston can't go tear it up at tulane.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't think that this in itself is going to dramatically increase transfers. That has already happened with other rules changes. Allowing inter conference transfers should have minimal additional effect.
          I hope you're right. Sucks to lose players (for any program) in the name of keeping continuity. I mean I get it for certain circumstances...but it seems to easy and excessive. Maybe the NCAA should just lower the scholarship limits since 5-7 guys won't see the court at any given university.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I hope you're right. Sucks to lose players (for any program) in the name of keeping continuity. I mean I get it for certain circumstances...but it seems to easy and excessive. Maybe the NCAA should just lower the scholarship limits since 5-7 guys won't see the court at any given university.
            The free transfer is a one time deal. Any transfers thereafter require the one year sit out or a waiver.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

The free transfer is a one time deal. Any transfers thereafter require the one year sit out or a waiver.
              Ahhhh...I guess I did not know that. Okay...well that makes it more understandable. Thx!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

So far.

This is more than just a small crack in the dam.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

So far.

This is more than just a small crack in the dam.
                  The old slippery slope rarely pans out in my experience.

Of course anything is possible but as far as I can tell no one is clamoring for unlimited “no penalty” transfers. Even if they were, such a demand would be many years away from gaining widespread support.

I guess we’ll cross that bridge when if we ever get to it.

Comment

The old slippery slope rarely pans out in my experience.

Of course anything is possible but as far as I can tell no one is clamoring for unlimited “no penalty” transfers. Even if they were, such a demand would be many years away from gaining widespread support.

I guess we’ll cross that bridge when if we ever get to it.
                    Hopefully you are right. Who knows, next will be mid year transfer without sitting out. Kids will be able to go to the teams that have the best chance of making the tournament and teams will be able to bolster their tournament chances by picking up kids to help them.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Per Taylor, with the Grant commitment, we are out on Saunders
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        Per Taylor, with the Grant commitment, we are out on Saunders
                        I like Grant better anyways IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like Grant better anyways IMO
                          Yea definitely like his scoring ability a lot better. We do need more scorer and need them right away
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Comment

• I’d still like him.

Need a young PG as well.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                I’d still like him.

Need a young PG as well.
                                Yes. This needs to be our top of the list, immediate outlook for this summer (leading into November 1922 signings), and then another juco or transfer by no later than spring, 2023.

Comment

Working...
                                X