X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I’d still like him.

Need a young PG as well.
    Need a young PG will to wait their turn and learn from the upperclassmen ....

or one good enough to command minutes day 1.

Saunders isn't either of those IMO. He might be good in a couple of year but doesn't appear willing to wait.

Comment

• Maybe the staff feel like Jenkins is that PG in the waiting
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
        Maybe the staff feel like Jenkins is that PG in the waiting
        TBH, I keep completely forgetting about Jenkins .... Hopefully this is his breakout year.

Comment

• If QG is our PG, and if Jenkins is the heir, and if Tyson gonna play some point, I could see Porter back in the portal

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

TBH, I keep completely forgetting about Jenkins .... Hopefully this is his breakout year.
            Yea same til I heard Taylor mentioned him a few weeks ago, saying the staff loved what they have seen from him in practice and have really high hopes
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              If QG is our PG, and if Jenkins is the heir, and if Tyson gonna play some point, I could see Porter back in the portal
              Are you calling Brown a liar. He said a week ago that Porter was our starter and then Porter took his name out of the portal. I think I saw in the article that Grant had said that he wasn’t promised anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                Maybe the staff feel like Jenkins is that PG in the waiting
                I don’t think so. He isn’t like Porter who really is a true Point Guard. Jenkins is a combo guard.

Comment

If QG is our PG, and if Jenkins is the heir, and if Tyson gonna play some point, I could see Porter back in the portal
                  Why are we assuming Grant is going to be a full time PG?

Per the article today he did most of his damage as off guard at West Texas A&M. He just has PG skills to go along with it.

Grant even said he didn't care if he played PG or SG

I think he will backup either guard position and just give us another ball handler to boot
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Not happening.

Comment

• I think the plan is to rotate Porter, Jenkins, Grant and Tyson amongst the two guard spots. There is plenty of minutes for everybody. With NBA style offenses pure point guards aren’t as important as they used to be. Whoever is playing it, however, can’t have tunnel vision when it comes to creating opportunities for other players. Gilbert did some of that last year as did Tyson.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• BYU Basketball Transfer Targets Mike Saunders Jr and Alfonso Plummer will both make their transfer decisions this week. BYU has mainly been pursuing guards this transfer cycle and either player...

Saunders will announce his destination tomorrow (Thursday). BYU has been recruiting him the hardest since he entered the transfer portal nearly a month ago and is in a good spot. UNLV was in the mix as one of the top schools but they have since tapered off. The other big school making a push for Saunders is Wichita State. Sources close to Saunders recruitment have told me that Wichita State has made a big push and is a real threat to land Saunders. Saunders told KSL Sports Mitch Harper that Depaulis another school in the mix. Cincinnati is a wild card as well if Saunders decides to return to the Bearcats after they fired their head coach.

Based on everything I know it seems like this is down to BYU and Wichita State. Saunders has a great relationship with Mark Pope and Caleb Lohner and would have a chance to be close to his alma mater Wasatch Academy. If I had to choose I predict he goes to BYU but I will not be surprised if Wichita State is the school.

Comment

• Sure seems like it’s going to be BYU or Cincinnati. The author of that article is confident WSU is still in the running but with Grant and Porter here for two more years potentially it doesn’t seem to make much sense for him playing time wise.

Why waste your one time free transfer to go to a school that doesn’t have an obvious path to at least compete for minutes. Maybe he thinks he’s good enough to beat those two guys out?

Comment

• I wouldn't get excited. Taylor is a good source.

Comment

• My bet is he goes back to Cincinnati.

Comment

Working...
                                X