Jordan Goldwire 6'2 PG Duke Grad-Transfer to Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    That would be something if he ended up coming here. Seems like it would make Jenkins and/or Porter the odd man out for playing time. I’d love to see it but I don’t see how it makes sense. I guess you just put together the best roster you can and don’t worry about hurting feelings or losing players next year.

PG - Goldwire, Porter, Grant
    SG - Etienne, Grant, Jenkins
    That would truly be survival of the fittest. Has to depend on what Jordan is looking for. OU doesn't have much on the roster at all with Kruger retiring and Porter Moser coming in, they'll likely have a rebuilding year but he could play a big role. Michigan's starting point guard is going pro, but they have 4-star coming in and a couple of other options still on the roster.

Comment

One year of eligibility kind of makes me want this kid more. He will work extra hard to get to the dance one last time. Not to mention, regardless if it should or shouldn't be seen this way, getting a transfer from Duke (or any other blue blood) would be a feather in HCIB's hat.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Lost two guards so we sign the best two we can get. No big surprises here. They might see Grant as more of a shooting guard anyway. Who knows.

Also, I hope Jenkins comes in and plays great and commands a ton of minutes, but he could just as easily need more time to develop for all I know. He was known to be pretty raw when he was recruited. He will still be a freshman this year so there's tons of time yet. I certainly wouldn't just pencil him in for 20 minutes a game because he has a year in the system.

Regarding Goldwire, he would be a great addition. As long as he can shoot well enough to keep defenders honest, I certainly don't have a problem with a pass first point guard with elite defense. He was on the all defense team for the ACC. We have two players returning who got any conference honors at all (and one was the all freshman team, so not really sure that counts the same). And while shooting was a problem this year, it's not like we had elite defense either.

Comment

Former Duke guard Jordan Goldwire narrows college choices to six schools (fayobserver.com)

Comment

Feel pretty good with that list that we have a decent opportunity here.
            Last edited by Stickboy46; April 16, 2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

This is the guard I really hope we get.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                This is the guard I really hope we get.
                Is there something about this kid that stands out to you? Serious question, because I haven't done a lot of research on him. All I see from my limited knowledge of him is some stats that don't pop off the page, while playing for one of the worst Duke teams of the last 35 years. Sell me on what I need to know about this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

Is there something about this kid that stands out to you? Serious question, because I haven't done a lot of research on him. All I see from my limited knowledge of him is some stats that don't pop off the page, while playing for one of the worst Duke teams of the last 35 years. Sell me on what I need to know about this guy.
                  He also played 25 min a game and started 15 games last year when they were 25-6. All ACC defensive player too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

He is a defensive stud and true point guard. Not only was he ACC all-defensive team, he averaged 2.3 steals per game (for reference, Fred's best season he averaged 1.9 steals per game). He also led the ACC in assist to turnover ratio while being 7th in the the ACC in assists per game. Duke may not have been good, but Goldwire wasn't the problem.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Experience is his most positive characteristic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

He is a defensive stud and true point guard. Not only was he ACC all-defensive team, he averaged 2.3 steals per game (for reference, Fred's best season he averaged 1.9 steals per game). He also led the ACC in assist to turnover ratio while being 7th in the the ACC in assists per game. Duke may not have been good, but Goldwire wasn't the problem.
                        Thanks. Makes more sense now,, why he is being sought after.

Comment

We can and should play plenty of people.

Comment

Don't know how many scholarships OU had, but they just landed both of the Groves brothers from Eastern Washington

Comment

KU will love that
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                KU will love that
                                Goldwire prolly like that as well

Comment

Working...
                                X