• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Hard pass
    Sign me up for this one. Quick.
    Standard ShockerNet group think here lol

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      And if you don't agree with me, please seek immediate psychological and mental health help. As fast as you possibly can.
      This just applies to basketball, right? Not other areas in which we might have disagreements?

78-65

Comment

Yes please on signing J. Goldwire.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Yes please on signing J. Goldwire.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Standard ShockerNet group think here lol
            Group think? I could almost see it if the two thoughts actually agreed with each other...or do I need to recalibrate my meter?
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

Group think? I could almost see it if the two thoughts actually agreed with each other...or do I need to recalibrate my meter?
              Yes .. Meter needs a little "technical tap"

Was laughing because two posts immediately after each other with polar opposite viewpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes .. Meter needs a little "technical tap"

Was laughing because two posts immediately after each other with polar opposite viewpoints.
                I thought pin was just saying that his passes have a little too much zip on them. I thought his passes were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  SMH

This young man had more steals last season than all but 6 players in the history of WSU basketball. In only 24 games. Almost a 3:1 A/TO. At Duke.

Look, I'm all for reasonable evaluations and not overvaluing the name on the front of the uniform, but if this young man is interested in joining our program, we RUN not walk to Charles' private plane and get this kid to Wichita before the sun sets.

And if you don't agree with me, please seek immediate psychological and mental health help. As fast as you possibly can.
                  For further perspective on the steals numbers. Goldwire averaged 2.2 steals per game. Fred's best output for a season was 1.9 steals per game.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Information from BYU about Goldwire:

The senior guard was a member of the ACC’s all-defensive team this past year. Goldwire average 2.3 steals this season and 4 assists on only 1.4 turnovers. Goldwire is a great passer and defender but was inconsistent as a scorer. He averaged 5.8 points and shot 38% from the field and 33% from deep. BYU coaches have already met virtually with Goldwire, but his decision will hinge on if Barcello returns. If Barcello returns then Goldwire won’t choose BYU. If Barcello does not come back then Goldwire would strongly consider BYU.

We released the first big board 11 days ago, and while there are a couple of the same names most of the names on this list are new. BYU has reached out to dozens of players as they look to add to...

Comment

I'm guessing that the WSU on Tanner Grove's list is Washington State?

Comment

I would have been ok with Goldwire. I definitely preferred him to Saunders.

The best and worst thing about Goldwire is that he’s a known quantity. Wherever he ends up he’s going to give them 6 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 4 assists, 1 turnover per game. He’s not going to hit a great percentage from the floor or get to the free throw line very often. He’s not going to step into the American and all of a sudden become some different player.

If he had any name but Duke and ACC attached to him I doubt people would be too excited by those numbers. The all defensive team and steals are great but Grant can claim the same accolades.

With the loss of Gilbert and Wade we need to replace about 17 points per game lost between the two of them. Of course some of that will come from current players increasing their production but a lot of it is going to have to come in the form of a transfusion. Of course ideally I’d love to not just replace 17 points but find a way to score even more.

Comment

Taylor says that WSU is still in the hunt for Goldwire along with Oklahoma and Michigan.

Comment

He would be a good one-year defensive stopper. I like that the Shox are still in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              Taylor says that WSU is still in the hunt for Goldwire along with Oklahoma and Michigan.

That's good company for a final 3

Comment

That would be something if he ended up coming here. Seems like it would make Jenkins and/or Porter the odd man out for playing time. I’d love to see it but I don’t see how it makes sense. I guess you just put together the best roster you can and don’t worry about hurting feelings or losing players next year.

PG - Goldwire, Porter, Grant
                                SG - Etienne, Grant, Jenkins

Comment

Working...
                                X