Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

97.5PPG? That's pretty good, right?
        Yeah, but he's no Elliot Richards.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Yeah, but he's no Elliot Richards.

Close. If he adds the no-look 3 pointer to his game, they're one and the same!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

97.5PPG? That's pretty good, right?
            Not compared to what he did in conference, but when a guy puts up 112 shots in 12 minutes, he might be a little quick on the trigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Not compared to what he did in conference, but when a guy puts up 112 shots in 12 minutes, he might be a little quick on the trigger.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Comment on Ron Baker (2:15 mark): "He looks like he should be playing for the Miami Tropics."

Comment

• There are approximately 1390 scholarship players who entered the portal. 690 (50%) have chosen a new school. From the top 7 conferences, 245(71%) of 346 players in the portal have found a new school. From all the other conferences, 445(43%) of the 1044 players have found a new school. Of the 690 total players who have chosen a new school, approximately 90 have moved down from D1 to D2, Jucos,etcetera. Almost all of the 90 who no longer have a D1 scholarship are from the lower conferences which means that only 35% of the lower conference transfers have found another D1 school.

So far by my count, 192 players from the portal have signed with a school from the top 7 conferences(87 schools). 111 of those from another top 7 conference and 81 from a lower conference. This doesn’t include the few D2 players, like Qua Grant, who have moved up to a top 7 conference. 134 of the 245 top 7 conference players, who have chosen a new school, have landed at a lower conference school. 65 (80%) of the 81 players who have moved up from a lower conference to a top 7 conference averaged at least 10 points per game. I only count 60 players out of 593 from lower conferences that are still in the portal who averaged 10 or more points per game this season. Over 300 of those 593 players from the lower conferences that are still in the portal averaged less than 5 points per game or did not play last season. Who knows where they are going to end up.

In the end, I would not be surprised if only 1000-1100 of the 1390 scholarship players who entered the portal exited with a D1 scholarship.

Comment

• There's also a lot (not sure a lot, but many) D1 walkons that transfer to lower levels for a scholly. We've seen a lot of our former walk-ons do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                      There are approximately 1390 scholarship players who entered the portal. 690 (50%) have chosen a new school. From the top 7 conferences, 245(71%) of 346 players in the portal have found a new school. From all the other conferences, 445(43%) of the 1044 players have found a new school. Of the 690 total players who have chosen a new school, approximately 90 have moved down from D1 to D2, Jucos,etcetera. Almost all of the 90 who no longer have a D1 scholarship are from the lower conferences which means that only 35% of the lower conference transfers have found another D1 school.

So far by my count, 192 players from the portal have signed with a school from the top 7 conferences(87 schools). 111 of those from another top 7 conference and 81 from a lower conference. This doesn’t include the few D2 players, like Qua Grant, who have moved up to a top 7 conference. 134 of the 245 top 7 conference players, who have chosen a new school, have landed at a lower conference school. 65 (80%) of the 81 players who have moved up from a lower conference to a top 7 conference averaged at least 10 points per game. I only count 60 players out of 593 from lower conferences that are still in the portal who averaged 10 or more points per game this season. Over 300 of those 593 players from the lower conferences that are still in the portal averaged less than 5 points per game or did not play last season. Who knows where they are going to end up.

In the end, I would not be surprised if only 1000-1100 of the 1390 scholarship players who entered the portal exited with a D1 scholarship.
                      If your numbers end up holding true to even close to what your predicting, this first group of mass transfer mania, may serve as guinea pigs and a cautionary tale for future years. After all, if you are mostly a bench player on one team, are you willing to gamble your scholarship thinking your prospects might be better in the portal?

Comment

• I would guess many of the Fr-Soph would end up at Juco to get a fresh audition ala Brown and Gordon.

Comment

• I heard Coach Brown estimate that probably 25% of those on the portal would not find a spot to play. There are also freshman from High School coming in. It certainly will be interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                            I heard Coach Brown estimate that probably 25% of those on the portal would not find a spot to play. There are also freshman from High School coming in. It certainly will be interested.
                            I'm guessing quite a few of the players in that 25% were encouraged to enter the portal by there current coaches.

Comment

• Bryan Penn-Johnson (7'0" 260 LB) center from LSU in the portal. Transferred to LSU from Washington in 2020. Shockers offered out of HS and also were after him as a transfer if I recall correctly. Averaged just 0.4 / 0.6 / 0.2 in just 5 games last season for LSU. Has only played in 16 games over 3 three years. Left LSU in January saying he was homesick. Sounds a bit like a wanderer.

https://www.si.com/college/washingto...t-lsu-for-good

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4397157/bryan-penn-johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Bryan Penn-Johnson (7'0" 260 LB) center from LSU in the portal. Transferred to LSU from Washington in 2020. Shockers offered out of HS and also were after him as a transfer if I recall correctly. Averaged just 0.4 / 0.6 / 0.2 in just 5 games last season for LSU. Has only played in 16 games over 3 three years. Left LSU in January saying he was homesick. Sounds a bit like a wanderer.

https://www.si.com/college/washingto...t-lsu-for-good

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4397157/bryan-penn-johnson
                                https://open.spotify.com/user/r.wentinghttps://www.instagram.com/remywenting/Years: 1961

Comment

Working...
                                X