2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This is absolutely correct. You also give yourself flexibility if you find a can't-miss prospect.
    Are you saying the coaching staff should limit themselves to 12? It's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure many coaches could resist the temptation to fill that 13th scholly to give them maximum depth.

I'm suggesting the NCAA reduce the limit to 12. I realize that is highly unlikely to ever happen, so I guess in essence the only way that would work is for the coaching staff to limit themselves. If we have to start giving extra stipends to athletes across the board I suspect several sports (I'm looking at you, especially, women's basketball with your 15 'ships) may consider issuing fewer full scholarships.

Comment

• Is there any effect on effectiveness of practices if a 13th scholarship guy is replaced by a walk-on?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        I think JB had potential. I am not sure that potential would have ever turned in to anything. I'd rather have McFarlane.
        If JB had stayed and figured it out, then we could have had McFarlane at center and JB at PF.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

There were strong suggestions during the year that it was not just injuries, but that he didn't have the "want to" to practice and get better. Not everybody loves basketball as much as those on this forum, despite their apparent physical gifts.
          Well thank you for noticing my physical gifts. They aren't real apparent to the casual observer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

If JB had stayed and figured it out, then we could have had McFarlane at center and JB at PF.
            ...and figured it out.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Brady Manek (6'9" 231 LB) forward out of OU in the portal. Averaged 10.8 / 5.0 / 0.8 / 1.0 points rebounds assists blocks last season. One year of eligibility remaining. I'd take him in a heartbeat! 42% / 38% / 77% field goal, three, free throw.

View the profile of North Carolina Tar Heels Forward Brady Manek on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Serrel Smith, Jr. (6'4" 175 LB) point guard out of ETSU in the portal. 4* (#132 by Rivals) out of high school had an offer from WSU out of high school. Averaged 7.0 / 2.3 / 1.1 last season in 24 minutes per game. Will have two years of eligibility.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...errel-smith-jr

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Brady Manek (6'9" 231 LB) forward out of OU in the portal. Averaged 10.8 / 5.0 / 0.8 / 1.0 points rebounds assists blocks last season. One year of eligibility remaining. I'd take him in a heartbeat! 42% / 38% / 77% field goal, three, free throw.

View the profile of North Carolina Tar Heels Forward Brady Manek on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

https://verbalcommits.com/players/brady-manek
                  Now this dude is a stretch 4. Yes !

Comment

• Saw Sorrel Smith play AAU ball out here when he was in High school. I liked him a lot.

Comment

• Manek would be MY #1 if we could get him. He can play some center also when needed.
                      Outstanding stretch 4 !

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Are you saying the coaching staff should limit themselves to 12? It's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure many coaches could resist the temptation to fill that 13th scholly to give them maximum depth.

I'm suggesting the NCAA reduce the limit to 12. I realize that is highly unlikely to ever happen, so I guess in essence the only way that would work is for the coaching staff to limit themselves. If we have to start giving extra stipends to athletes across the board I suspect several sports (I'm looking at you, especially, women's basketball with your 15 'ships) may consider issuing fewer full scholarships.
                        Jody Adams never used her full alotment of scholarships at WSU. Her rosters were usually 11-13 players. Mostly 11 or 12. She told me once it was too hard to keep 15 players happy.

OTOH, Keitha Adams has pretty consistently used all of her 15 scholarships. I could see that if you developed and aggressive redshirt program. Otherwise it is just too many.

Jody had her issues, especially after she brought in Dana Eikenberg, who had trashed the SIU program when she was head coach there. But Jody was the all-time winningest coach at WSU both in number of wins 161 and winning percentage .583 (161-115).

Maybe something Keitha Adams should give some thought to.

Comment

• We. Need. Some. Shooters.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                            We. Need. Some. Shooters.
                            You meant rebounders and shot blockers. Rebounders and shot blockers.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• The old saying "We need MAKERS"

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

You meant rebounders and shot blockers. Rebounders and shot blockers.
                                Negative. Kids who can make shots.

DRB%: Houston:147th. Baylor: 267th. UCLA: 66th. Granted Houston and Baylor crash the O boards with bad intentions.

AdjO: Houston: 6. Baylor: 3. UCLA: 14. And of course the cheat code Gonzaga: 1. Give me a top 10 offense over a top 10 rebounding squad any day.

Let's just both agree to follow '12-'13 WSU model to the F4. Top 30 AdjO/D. Top 20 ORB/DRB%.

Comment

Working...
                                X