2021 Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

This is *my* guy. Caught a couple of UGA games and he looked legit.
    Would love to have him. He is likely to be everyones guy.

Comment

• Doesn’t look like he can shoot the 3 though, and we really need someone at that position to be a threat...

Comment

• I don't know. Instead of transfers I feel like we need some new freshmen to run off.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I don't know. Instead of transfers I feel like we need some new freshmen to run off.
          You just have to stir the pot don't you. You need to get out more. Give me a PM

Comment

• Sad to see JB moving on because I thought he could really help out if he could ever get healthy but his health has always been a concern to me. As this season was just getting started I posted my concerns about his seemingly endless injuries and lack of time on the court practice wise. Wish him the best but will always wonder what could have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Sad to see JB moving on because I thought he could really help out if he could ever get healthy but his health has always been a concern to me. As this season was just getting started I posted my concerns about his seemingly endless injuries and lack of time on the court practice wise. Wish him the best but will always wonder what could have been.
              There were strong suggestions during the year that it was not just injuries, but that he didn't have the "want to" to practice and get better. Not everybody loves basketball as much as those on this forum, despite their apparent physical gifts.

Comment

I don't know. Instead of transfers I feel like we need some new freshmen to run off.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The best way to sum up Josephat is that he made spectacular plays look easy and everything else look difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

There were strong suggestions during the year that it was not just injuries, but that he didn't have the "want to" to practice and get better. Not everybody loves basketball as much as those on this forum, despite their apparent physical gifts.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

You just have to stir the pot don't you. You need to get out more. Give me a PM
                      PM = Personal Massage? Are you DeShaun Watson?

Comment

• I think JB had potential. I am not sure that potential would have ever turned in to anything. I'd rather have McFarlane.

Comment

You just want to drive traffic to your site. Smart marketing

Comment

• 3G used to say that he recruits guys to be starters. Now it doesn't always work out that way and he had his share of busts, but what good does it do to have a guy that takes 3 years before he's good enough to see the court? If you recognize that a guy can't compete, it's best for both sides to cut their losses and let the kid go somewhere that's a better fit.

Comment

• Players like Cousinard and Baker, who have talent that could contribute right away, but are willing to redshirt, have been a rare breed the past 5-10 years. And now it seems if a player isn't getting regular minutes his first year in the program he's unhappy and leaves.

I wonder if 13 scholarships is too much now? Most teams don't regularly play more than 8 or 9 guys. I know injuries will happen, but maybe it's time to cut the limit to 12. It may not make a huge difference, but that's one less unhappy player on the bench.

I will say, I'm pleased with Chauncey Jenkins sticking it out. I truly thought he would be the first one in the portal, as he always looked like the unhappiest player on the bench, and the times he did get on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Players like Cousinard and Baker, who have talent that could contribute right away, but are willing to redshirt, have been a rare breed the past 5-10 years. And now it seems if a player isn't getting regular minutes his first year in the program he's unhappy and leaves.

I wonder if 13 scholarships is too much now? Most teams don't regularly play more than 8 or 9 guys. I know injuries will happen, but maybe it's time to cut the limit to 12. It may not make a huge difference, but that's one less unhappy player on the bench.

I will say, I'm pleased with Chauncey Jenkins sticking it out. I truly thought he would be the first one in the portal, as he always looked like the unhappiest player on the bench, and the times he did get on the floor.
                                This is absolutely correct. You also give yourself flexibility if you find a can't-miss prospect.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X