No announcement yet.

Nick Wiggins 6-6 SG Class of 2012, SIGNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team's getting a little JUCO heavy for my blood. How many JUCO transfers did this year's Final Four feature? I'll take Mantle over Maris thanks.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      Team's getting a little JUCO heavy for my blood. How many JUCO transfers did this year's Final Four feature? I'll take Mantle over Maris thanks.
      It's a different day and age - take note of all transfers in the "transfer" thread. BCS schools getting players for one year. Some super althletic players do not make the grades right of high school and go juco. We acutally needed juco players this year in order to have a senior class next season. It looks like we are trying to achieve balance. Competing against the burger boys requires us having a significant jr/sr class representation.

Comment

Team's getting a little JUCO heavy for my blood. How many JUCO transfers did this year's Final Four feature? I'll take Mantle over Maris thanks.
        FVV, Hawkins, Green, Baker, Henry

How many freshman would you like to have? BTW, Mantle isn't going to go to WSU but Maris will. So the question is will you take a Maris over say a Kevin Maas?

Why does everybody try to second guess everything? The staff isn't full of ratards and Wiggins is a fine player so quit the boohooing.

Comment

• We'd all prefer to land five top 150 freshman every year, however, I'll take two top 150 frosh and 2 JUCO AAs any day!

Oh, and by the way, we also signed a 6-8 SG that made Texas All-State and a 6-10 jumping jack!

Then there's that Pac-10 All Defensive PG and that other JUCO AA that is paying his own way despite a scholarship to Sweet 16 Ohio...and the First Team All-State Kansas kid that all red-shirted this past year.

The best part is I didn't even mention any of the six returners from the first place team in the MVC!

Seriously! Ten years ago we'd have been over the top excited about Green and Henry, and while we don't think they are chopped liver, they are clearly the 5th and 6th best players in this recruiting class.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• @vancedave56: our current Junior and Senior classes include one original Freshman. I'll stipulate two with EO's situation. The reality is that we had two years of misses on high school players and rather than play young guys we've fixed it with JUCO's. Now, Cotton and White look like long-term contributors and we'll see how this class shakes out, though I wonder if it will ultimately be as freshmen laden as @Ta town: describes.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              We'd all prefer to land five top 150 freshman every year, however, I'll take two top 150 frosh and 2 JUCO AAs any day!

Oh, and by the way, we also signed a 6-8 SG that made Texas All-State and a 6-10 jumping jack!

Then there's that Pac-10 All Defensive PG and that other JUCO AA that is paying his own way despite a scholarship to Sweet 16 Ohio...and the First Team All-State Kansas kid that all red-shirted this past year.

The best part is I didn't even mention any of the six returners from the first place team in the MVC!

Seriously! Ten years ago we'd have been over the top excited about Green and Henry, and while we don't think they are chopped liver, they are clearly the 5th and 6th best players in this recruiting class.
              And where did most of us have Cotton in last year's class? That's the benefit of deep, quality classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                And where did most of us have Cotton in last year's class? That's the benefit of deep, quality classes.
                And also a reminder that what the coaches know and what they see in players is different from what we come up with -- plus, this group of coaches seems to have a pretty good grip on what they're looking for and what they want to do.
                Last edited by WSUwatcher; April 10, 2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  For those that have seen him play (excluding highlights), is he a Toure Murry with a better ability to shoot?
                  ShockRef's assessment a couple of pages back is pretty close to what I saw in his first game of the juco tourney. His shot wasn't falling that day (the opponent played tremendous defense, a rarity in juco). But it's difficult to argue with his percentages.

I still think he's in the mold of AJ Hawkins, but could be better than AJ at bringing his ability to game time.

Comment

That's how you fill in, if you're good at it -- and Marshall and Co. are -- when you have a one-man junior class. Some coaches leave a hole (e.g., Marshall's predecessor), others plug it with players who are better than the ones they initially recruited would have been even if they had lived up to expectations. Nothing wrong with that. Some folks just like to find fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Amd also a reminder that what the coaches know and what they see in players is different from what we come up with -- plus, this group of coaches seems to have a pretty good grip on what they're looking for and what they want to do.
                      That's right. Marshall's reputation is that of an expert, quite literally, evaluator of talent. He could be a TOP-NOTCH NBA scout (or General Manager), I have NO doubt.

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of JUCOs, but I have no problem with what's been done. It's filled some holes. Exactly what they should be used for.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Pipp or Gehrig?
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• sweetness a Retweet from Steve Nash himself

Steve Nash ‏ @SteveNash
                            RT @Wiggys_WORLD: Just verbally committed to Wichita State University and will be officially signing my National Letter of Intent(Congrats!)
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Wow. How nuts is that?
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• This may be an even bigger get than we all think.

Comment

Working...
                                X