Nick Wiggins 6-6 SG Class of 2012, SIGNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    Don't you think we have encroached on their board enough on this subject? I find it really pretty silly to repeat the same information over and over and over on another team's board just to irritate them.
    Yep. If there is anything more annoying than trolls from other fans on your board, it is the loss of moral superiority when your own fans do the same to others.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• NW15‏@Wiggys_WORLD

Back in Toronto tomorrow.. Flying out for Wichita State Sunday !
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Yea buddy!!! Goin to be an exciting season

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          NW15‏@Wiggys_WORLD

Back in Toronto tomorrow.. Flying out for Wichita State Sunday !
          That's the kinda news I like!

Comment

• 2012-13 is a reload.

2013-14 is VanVleet, Wiggins, White, Early, Watson, Baker, Green, Uwadiae(?), Lufile.

I don't mean to shortchange Armstead. I think he can be a great one-year guy, but VanVleet/Early/Wiggins/White looks like something the Valley hasn't seen in a long time. It's possible the Shox can add a 7' center into that group and I'm confident Green will be a 6'8" SF/PF early sub. Then there's a So sniper named Baker. I haven't included Watson, who will be a first-year Jr, who blocked 42 shots in a HS game - according to his coach.

CU is going to need to continue getting some great recruits. The challenge is down and Marshall has the recruits lined up. McD is doing great with his recruiting. I suspect Dana Ford will be a great recruiter at IlSU. The Shox are strong enough in the near future that we need CU and at least one other school (IlSU is my guess) to have some solid teams.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Why does everyone keep forgetting Tekele Cotton?
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                Why does everyone keep forgetting Tekele Cotton?
                Cotton doesn't get the hype. It's a little bit of a Batman/Robin thing. Cotton isn't getting superhero status. Cotton is just a guy who comes in and does great on O and on D.

It's easier to give super-hero status to unknown players than to players we have seen.

Comment

• Ummm wessel and mitchel are on the team still......

Comment

• Such is the way of life....people spend too much time focusing on what they don't have rather than appreciating what they do have.

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                      Ummm wessel and mitchel are on the team still......
                      Mitchell isn't a scholarship player and isn't expected to be a major contributor. Wessel is on 'ship but isn't expected to be a major contributor. It's very easy to see why Mitchell isn't put on these lists and easy to see how Wessel could be overlooked.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        Why does everyone keep forgetting Tekele Cotton?
                        I have a feeling none of us will after next season.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Armstead, Williams, Cotton, VanVleet, Baker, Wessel, Wiggins, and Mitchell are the guards on the roster next year. Wessel and Wiggins are probably 2/3 types, but Early looks like he'll get significant minutes at the 3. There are only 80 minutes available at the 1 and 2. The Seniors (Armstead and Williams) are probably going to get their share of minutes, which is likely to leave 30 or so to be split among 6 (or so) players.

Cotton was a 10 minute player last year. If he just stays at that number of minutes, that leaves 20 minutes to split among 5 guys. If Wiggins gets 20 minutes split between the 2/3, that leaves 10 minutes to be split among 4 players. VanVleet and Baker are in that group of 4 players.

Somebody on the list of guards is not going to have a memorable 2012-13 season.

Comment

• I hope we can do the 5 on then 5 off approach we dit a few seasons ago and maybe do something like this
                            armstead then fvv
                            demetric then cotton/baker
                            wiggins then hawkins
                            early then white
                            hall then eo/lufile

Comment

• The cream will rise to the top. The newcomers, as talented as they may be, will be behind the returners simply from a learning perspective. We'll see a lot of guys get minutes in different parts of the season.

Comment

• Depth is definitely a strong point for this team. As of this moment, I'd put it as

PG - DWill, Armstead, Cotton, FVV
                                SG - DWill, Wiggins, Cotton, Baker
                                SF - Early, Wiggins, Wessel, Green, Hawkins
                                PF - Hall, White, Early, Lufile, Green, Hawkins
                                C - Ehimen, Hall, Lufile, Uwadiae

Things can and probably will change. I still don't see FVV getting a ton of PT this season. No matter how good he is. Too much upper class talent in front of him. If he does play a lot, we have a good player or two that will be sitting on the bench.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X