No announcement yet.

Nick Wiggins 6-6 SG Class of 2012, SIGNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell will be our X factor. We hve talent coming in, but some havent played post high school. Mitchell has. That can quickly become a very important factor.

Comment

• I'm still not counting on him getting more than mop up minutes
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I dunno who is going to play behind Mitchell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Mitchell will be our X factor. We hve talent coming in, but some havent played post high school. Mitchell has. That can quickly become a very important factor.
          With Mitchell being a point guard, using experience as the reason he will play doesn't help his case. Armstead, Williams, and Cotton are all guys that can play the point that have more DI experience than Mitchell.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I thought Mitchell has always been a 2 up to now, but is trying to play the point to get on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I thought Mitchell has always been a 2 up to now, but is trying to play the point to get on the floor.
              Even as a two he has DWill and Cotton with more D1 experience. Wiggins has the same JUCO experience and Baker has just as much D1 experience. I don't see us using a SG under 6' this year.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Yeah, I agree, but thought he was trying to transition to PG, because of his lack of height.

Comment

• Scoring will be a issue from the 1/2. Armstead will be the PG. Don't think DWill has the makeup of a 2. (24 minutes a game 5.5 ppg) My guess, Gregg will start Armstead, Hall and 3 athletes that can score and he will roll the ball out on the floor and say "GO". Hopefully the newbies can play "D" or it will not be a good year. A ton had to be replaced.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    I thought Mitchell has always been a 2 up to now, but is trying to play the point to get on the floor.
                    I'm fairly certain he was the PG at HCC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                      Scoring will be a issue from the 1/2. Armstead will be the PG. Don't think DWill has the makeup of a 2. (24 minutes a game 5.5 ppg) My guess, Gregg will start Armstead, Hall and 3 athletes that can score and he will roll the ball out on the floor and say "GO". Hopefully the newbies can play "D" or it will not be a good year. A ton had to be replaced.
                      DWill was our starting 2 guard last year...wouldnt expect anything different this year

Comment

• DWill will play significant minutes just on the basis of his defense which by the end of last year was about as good as we had.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Depth is definitely a strong point for this team. As of this moment, I'd put it as

PG - DWill, Armstead, Cotton, FVV
                          SG - DWill, Wiggins, Cotton, Baker
                          SF - Early, Wiggins, Wessel, Green, Hawkins
                          PF - Hall, White, Early, Lufile, Green, Hawkins
                          C - Ehimen, Hall, Lufile, Uwadiae

Things can and probably will change. I still don't see FVV getting a ton of PT this season. No matter how good he is. Too much upper class talent in front of him. If he does play a lot, we have a good player or two that will be sitting on the bench.
                          Hm. It sounds like we are in a conundrum.

Comment

• I think it's like taking a shower with your clothes on.

Comment

• If a 4 Star Recruit (the most highly rated in Marshall's time at WSU) is sitting on the bench next year, that could be a big story too. We'll have to see.

Comment

• We have so much talent we ought to be allowed to play 8 guys at once just so we have ample time to watch them all play.

Comment

Working...
                                X