Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I wonder how our F4 year would have turned out if we only had FVV and Williams at the point? And as we know, FVV is a rare commodity. Armstead meant a lot to Fred's fast growth that year.
    And Fred wasn’t very good until January or February prior (about one month) to the F4.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Any you don't think we have anyone like that at this point?
      ETN? Dex?

Comment

Any you don't think we have anyone like that at this point?
        I’ve heard that the staff is hopeful that Chaunce may have the skills to be a possible point guard. It may be more difficult because Chauce Jenkins won’t have the spring/summer to work on the skills that are specific to WSU’s offense that a point guard needs.

Edit: Actually, “hopeful” isn’t the correct word. The staff believes that he has the athletic skills, handles, passing ability etc. of a point guard.
        Last edited by Shockm; April 6, 2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

ETN? Dex?
          Have you seen Dex's handles? This would be a disaster.

Comment

meter

Comment

ETN? Dex?
              I think ETN would/could be an option. Dex would have to significantly get better, I would argue that ball handling is the biggest whole in his game.

Comment

meter
                I have zero sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’ve heard that the staff is hopeful that Chaunce may have the skills to be a possible point guard. It may be more difficult because Chauce Jenkins won’t have the spring/summer to work on the skills that are specific to WSU’s offense that a point guard needs.

Edit: Actually, “hopeful” isn’t the correct word. The staff believes that he has the athletic skills, handles, passing ability etc. of a point guard.
                  Yes, that's what I'm thinking based on the comments surrounding his recruitment. But we will see.

Comment

Yes, that's what I'm thinking based on the comments surrounding his recruitment. But we will see.
                    This is the perfect place for a combo guard like Chaunce. We have two more traditional guards this year (Gilbert (Sr.) and Porter (Jr.) on our team (although Porter can play both) so Chaunce has his Freshman year to grow in Gregg's system and be the third point guard who we use when our other point guards have foul trouble, usually the last 2-5 minutes before the half. He already will excel on the full court, with both defense and offense. With today's 30 second clock, he will have to learn Gregg's half court offense for the first 20 seconds of that clock and run it through to break down the defense with passes and driving/pass or pick and roll plays, and get the offense running. Then in the last 10 seconds, Chaunce already has the skills to run a clock play and get the ball to the rim or pass it to an open team mate because he has better athleticism than most of our players this past year and the height to help him get to the rim. He's not a selfish kid, has a great attitude, and has come up the difficult way and will be thankful for an opportunity

Right now, he's more a Ja Morant type of scoring point guard but he can be molded into and taught how to run an offense for 20 seconds. He's more like the type of scoring point guards we had this year. However, I'm hopeful that he has the leadership skills to lead our team when adversity sets in and we need a reset. That's what we didn't have this year, and I hope Chaunce can learn those skills from Alterique and Craig Porter.
                    Last edited by Shockm; April 7, 2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

a freshman that learns 2 positions in Marshall's offense his first year would be unusual

Comment

a freshman that learns 2 positions in Marshall's offense his first year would be unusual
                        I don't think he will be asked to. He will learn the point guard position, Council the 2 guard, and Jackson the 2 and 3 positions. Porter will learn the 1 and 2, and Alterique the 1. The question is if Tyson will learn the 2 and 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't think he will be asked to. He will learn the point guard position, Council the 2 guard, and Jackson the 2 and 3 positions. Porter will learn the 1 and 2, and Alterique the 1. The question is if Tyson will learn the 2 and 1.
                          Exactly! He will not have to play or learn two positions. Not sure why it is even a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Exactly! He will not have to play or learn two positions. Not sure why it is even a discussion.
                            Because Pin brought it up? I think

Comment

Who is it that says this kid is a PG?

Comment

I don’t think we need a world beater at center. Just give me a guy who can run, jump, play defense, and catch the ball and dunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X