Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelback View Post

Ive seen it many times. Guys who been in the program and waited their turn stepping up. James Gibbs, Zarco D, Chadrack Lufile to name a few. I trust coach knows what he has and needs.
    You named 3 in the last 49 years, so perhaps it's more rare than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      I'd need specifics not fan interpretations. I try to qualify my posts clearly stating I have no first hand knowledge of
      anything. I think some mistakes have been made by numerous parties, not just one, but I think all issues should be kept and
      dealt with internally. I hope that GM can fairly deal with everyone successfully and that we don't lose anyone. I have a little
      more confidence in our returning big men than just about everyone but a consistent low post scorer would be nice.
      You want specifics and then go on to say all issues should be kept and dealt with internally. Are you in fuqin denial over old man Stevenson's track record of airing dirty laundry over social media?

Comment

I didn't say I wanted specifics ! I regretfully responded to a direct question and said I would "need" them. With that said
        I won't comment on any locker room issues, don't want any specifics, and suggest that posters don't bloviate on them and
        cause more problems. Enough said...……..I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

You don't always have a guy that's been around to step in. Next year there will be guys that have been around at least 3 years. Like I have always said coach nows what he has and what he needs.

Comment

Not interested in adding JUCO juniors to what will already be a heavy junior class.

Comment

I’m lost. What happened with Stevenson’s father?

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                Time to drop it and not bring it up again. It's history.

Comment

Just so tough to say at this point without knowing who, if anyone, will not return.

As of right now the obvious need is at center. How good is Bilau? Can Udeze play without fouling and shoot 65% from the line? Will the light ever turn on for Poor-Bear?

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                    He complained about coaching breaking Eric's spirit on Facebook. Not his first rodeo complaining about the team.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Whoa is me.
                      Joey Lawrence?
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

C'mon Pin. You're being disingenuous. You know that there have many more that waited to play a major role or play very much at all, for at least one year than he mentioned. Some of the better players that come off the top of my head is Xavier McDaniel and the late Karl Papke. While they both played a role on the team, neither of them started their Freshman years and their minutes were much more limited than later years. The unique thing is that they were both Top 100 players. Zarko Durisic (spelling?) was another good player who didn't play for a couple of years, and didn't start until he was a Senior. Kids don't like to wait anymore though.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

He complained about coaching breaking Eric's spirit on Facebook. Not his first rodeo complaining about the team.
                          Eric's been struggling. It's common to try to deflect the blame and with social media, it's easy to do. This is March, and this part of the year while it can be fun, is a grind for everyone. Fans, coaches, players, parents all can use a break and time to re-charge that is a few weeks (hopefully not sooner) away. It's easy and common place for everyone to post on social media without thinking, and writing things that if they had to say them to a person's face, they wouldn't do it.

Everyone is over reacting here and need to step back from their computer screen, and take a minute to ponder.
                          Last edited by Shockm; March 9, 2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

...It's easy and common place for everyone to post on social media without thinking, and writing things that if they had to say them to a person's face, they wouldn't do it.

Everyone is over reacting here and need to step back from their computer screen, and take a minute to ponder.
                            Common place for parents to bash coaches on social media? And this isn't his first time.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Common place for parents to bash coaches on social media? And this isn't his first time.
                              Re-read with complete comprehension without twisting the words I used. You seem to have your agenda on this topic and I don’t.

Comment

I dunno.......I read it about the same way BostonWu did. Adults should be more mindful when making posts about their kid's basketball team. Perhaps they ought to filter things. i think excusing bad behavior (not being more self-aware as an adult) isn't a good thing. And multiple infractions would concern me more.

Y'all can tell me I'm wrong, but aren't there similarities as to what happed in Larryville with Connor Frankamp's father? Wasn't Connor's father being rather verbal about his son's playing time and utilization?

Comment

Working...
                                X