X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the best talent quickest way possible and worry about the rest later

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'll take Things Fans Will Regret Saying for $800 Alex.
      Hope im wrong but I really don’t think so. And hope we sign some point guards so I don’t have to find out. Besides a few game stretch reaves was an average player. He certainly never showed he could handle the point offensively and is not quick enough to shut down a point guard on the ball.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        Find the article Taylor wrote about the season. 15 things to learn from advanced statistics or something like that. If Austin wasn’t our most effective player, he was damn close.

• Slykryck
        Slykryck commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we’ll be fine if we don’t sign VanVleet style PG who dominates the ball. If we have shooters/scorers who can space the floor, take players of the dribble and are willing passers, our offense will be fine.

PGs need the ability to play offball more than ever in today’s game. Create schemes to get the ball up court against the press and our motion offense will take care of the rest.

• fuball7
        fuball7 commented
        Editing a comment
        First, the point of not wanting a freshmen or juco point guard doesn’t disprove the fact that we won’t be in for a rough season with reaves at the point. It’s just a statement he maybe better.

2nd. A freshmen Fred would have been a better option and a junior reaves. And a juco guard like Hannah or Ragland would be better than reaves. Depends on who it is.

3rd. I don’t care about the advanced statistics all the time. I saw him struggle late in games just in bounding the ball or even catching an in bound pass. Missed big free throws too. On the ball do you really want him guarding guys like shake and gray. Yes I know they are gone and Marshall switches those matchups but that says enough about his on the ball defense

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'll take Things Fans Will Regret Saying for $800 Alex.
      When did you know that AR was leaving?

Comment

I really see this as Marshall told him he wasn’t going to be the point guard and didn’t like the answer. That explains all the scholly offers and even going after small and power forwards

Comment

4 spots to fill, one already filled.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Still "3 Spots to Fill".

Burton, Alvarez, Torres/Cheese ... Let's get it done.

Comment

Burton, Bryant, Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
              I really see this as Marshall told him he wasn’t going to be the point guard and didn’t like the answer. That explains all the scholly offers and even going after small and power forwards
              I think it is far deeeeeeeper than this. There could be major problems internally.

Comment

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                Not the first time I’ve seen you say this. Care to elaborate?

For the record I don’t think 2 players transferring, one of which I had very high hopes for, is a sign of some deep seeded systemic problem. I think it’s in some people’s nature to go there in situations like these. Nothing wrong with that, everyone’s different but I’m just curious what you think is the issue.

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                Editing a comment
                Didn't Kelly make a comment in an interview about there being some difficulties with team chemistry? Something to the effect that not everyone was handling their business?

• N Crestway
                N Crestway commented
                Editing a comment
                Could be...

Whodathunk this topic title would have become factually accurate... again?

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
                I guess we will see if u are right or not by what schools offer him a scholarship.

Comment

• fuball7
                  fuball7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe. Marshall's opinion of him and other teams may differ. Plus it looks pretty apparent Marshall is wanting to start almost completely over with the roster.

• Stickboy46
                  Stickboy46 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Marshall is a very straight shooter. I don't think most coaches are. I think coaches are going to tell Austin whatever he is wanting to hear to get him to sign. That may mean they tell him he will be a PG only to plan to have him play SG because they have plans for someone else

• fuball7
                  fuball7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True. Marshall also has two full years of being with him every day. Other coaches have previous recruiting, video, and word of mouth basically.

Comment

No more home visits by coaches until September. Players will be finishing up their official visits and the dominoes should start to fall.

Comment

Burton Ndiaye Torress/Cheese

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would be quite satisfied with that group. Throw in Dennis the Menace with that group and we can definitely call it a successful spring recruiting effort.

But man an 8-man freshman class (including Rod Brown). Would not mind seeing a couple of redshirts.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 19, 2018, 12:02 PM.

• 1979Shocker
                      1979Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unless a freshman just isn't ready to play his first year, I don't see any freshmen redshirting. And even though we could have 8 freshmen on the roster next year, with all the transfers that seem to happen every year, the classes will start to balance out.

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    This isn't KU...

Comment

nm

Comment

Working...
                      X