3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
    Man, I want both Arop and N'Diay and someone to redshirt, but we have so many wings/forwards. Not sure where playing the time will be. I guess they all compete and one ends up transferring next year potentially.
    Redshirting doesn't free up a scholly. If we sign both, regardless of redshirts, we only have one scholly available and someone will either lose theirs or transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post

Redshirting doesn't free up a scholly. If we sign both, regardless of redshirts, we only have one scholly available and someone will either lose theirs or transfer.
      The way to free up the scholarship is the Sunrise route.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ArtVandalay
        ArtVandalay commented
        Editing a comment
        Which I get, but I'm not sure how much this will happen in the future. As we recruit better athletes and compete with other big programs, I'm just not sure how many of these kids will agree to go to prep school. I don't see any of the recruits for this year wanting to go the prep school route.

• WheatShock
        WheatShock commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure the Sunrise option still happen from time to time.

Most of our incoming freshmen have already been to prep school though so it doesn't seem all that likely for this year.

• WuShocker2006
        WuShocker2006 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right. I wish there was a way to get both these guys. Kind of wish the coaches wouldn't be so quick to sign certain players sometimes. Looking like Carragan is still considering us. It would sure have been nice to have him and these two! Coaches obviously know more than we do. Jamie E. will probably be a great player for us, just wonder if we could have done better.

• This new conference brings good and bad... Hopefully more good comes out then bad... But the caliber of players are getting better... Kids don't sign thinking they will be in school 4 years or might have to transfer... Coaches don't recruit thinking kids will be busts or leave early... Life is a journey and you live in the moment

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
        .. Life is a journey and you live in the moment
        wrong.............life is a highway

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

wrong.............life is a highway
          "I'm gonna ride it all night long"!

Sorry...early 90's circa there...I think. 90's???
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If we don't get AN or AA, do we keep digging? Or should we save it for 2019 class? I lean towards the latter as it could be used for gap fill to address any deficiencies that we may discover in next year's team.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
              ShockdaWorld commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess it’s possible, but I just don’t see 3G saving scholarships right now. I feel like he wants as many good players in here as possible right now, and let attrition sort them out.

• If we look at our history with players on the line between a 3 and 4-star, there's probably a 50% chance of them being a good player or better, and maybe a 15% chance of them being great. I know we are high on all of our recruits right now, but the numbers don't lie, and some of them just aren't going to work out for one reason or another. The more players we sign, the higher the likelihood is of us landing some in that 15%.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• PG Torres
              CG Haynes-Jones, Burton
              WG Stevenson, Dennis
              WF Moore
              F McDuffie, Brown
              F/C Udeze, Chandler, Echenique
              C Midtgaard

one more...Bryant as a 3, Arop as a 3/4 Amin as a 1
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                If we look at our history with players on the line between a 3 and 4-star, there's probably a 50% chance of them being a good player or better, and maybe a 15% chance of them being great. I know we are high on all of our recruits right now, but the numbers don't lie, and some of them just aren't going to work out for one reason or another. The more players we sign, the higher the likelihood is of us landing some in that 15%.
                I'll accept your premise although it is hardly scientific (50 percent a good player and 15 percent a great player) action research (maybe you have someone else who has researched it and these are known facts but I doubt it). Whatever, we can agree that none of us have any proof regarding how good our players are and we have more unknowns than usual. However, that isn't much different than other teams.

In January, we probably will know more but for now, we should tone down our optimism. Is that what you are trying to say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'll accept your premise although it is hardly scientific (50 percent a good player and 15 percent a great player) action research (maybe you have someone else who has researched it and these are known facts but I doubt it). Whatever, we can agree that none of us have any proof regarding how good our players are and we have more unknowns than usual. However, that isn't much different than other teams.

In January, we probably will know more but for now, we should tone down our optimism. Is that what you are trying to say?
                  Of course I didn't put any in-depth analysis into it to come up with verifiable statistics, nor should I have because the accuracy of the numbers isn't what was important. The simple premise is that the more players we sign, the more likelihood there is of getting a great player. Should have been obvious, especially considering the context and that it's in the last sentence.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Of course I didn't put any in-depth analysis into it to come up with verifiable statistics, nor should I have because the accuracy of the numbers isn't what was important. The simple premise is that the more players we sign, the more likelihood there is of getting a great player. Should have been obvious, especially considering the context and that it's in the last sentence.
                    Well I summarized it for you then. You didn't need your ficticious statistics. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
                      If we don't get AN or AA, do we keep digging? Or should we save it for 2019 class? I lean towards the latter as it could be used for gap fill to address any deficiencies that we may discover in next year's team.
                      I agree. Next years squad is full of unknowns. There's a reason why some of these guys are not highly recruited. Gregg is working his ass off right now but if I'm not wrong, we have 7 players in the class of 2018?

Comment

• Thank+mr+obvious+_365fe5321f360e6351223976976b8982.jpg
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                          Steeleshocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Are those the same as pigeons?

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post

I agree. Next years squad is full of unknowns. There's a reason why some of these guys are not highly recruited. Gregg is working his ass off right now but if I'm not wrong, we have 7 players in the class of 2018?
                        If you are counting redshirt fresman Rod Brown as Class of 2018 then yes we have 7. However, Rod having praocticed against seasoned D-1 players in 3G's system for a year and worked on his body with Kerry probably should be closer to Asbjorn than he is to the incoming freshmen. Of course, 3G might make that 7 depending on who he signs with the last scholarship.

Here is the roster of scholarship players as it stands today:

Sr. Markis McDuffie 6-8
                        Sr. Samajae Haynes-Jones 6-0

Jr. Ricky Torres 6-3
                        Jr. Jaime Echinique 6-10

So. Asbjorn Midtgaard 7-0

RFr. Rod Brown 6-6

Fr. Erick Stevenson 6-4
                        Fr. Morris Udeze 6-8
                        Fr. Isaiah Chandler 6-9
                        Fr. Chance Moore 6-7
                        Fr. Dexter Dennis 6-5
                        Fr. Jamarius Burton 6-5

Comment

• Thanks 1972Shocker, will be interesting. Lots of new faces that came with the idea of instant playing time. Things have a way of working themselves out.

Comment

Working...
                          X