No announcement yet.

3 Down, 1 to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon is a 4* plus no matter what recruiting services have on him.

Comment

• Torres and Bryant/N’Diaye
      The Assman

Comment

• We need to redshirt two players this year

Comment

• Steeleshocker
          Steeleshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't expect more than 1 red shirt. With all the new guys it will be hard to anticipate performance under the bright lights and how the rotations will work out.

• I doubt there is anyone on our list who we or they think need a Redshirt year.

Comment

• Nova RS kids every year. Part of the reason for their success.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Nova RS kids every year. Part of the reason for their success.
            Nothing wrong with a red-shirt, I’m just less inclined to think it’s as neccassary as I used to.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Landry redshirted. I’m not sure if he could have played in the NCAAT, but I have a hunch he could have. We need to finish recruiting our entire class before RS decisions are made.

Comment

• Most likely RS, as of now, would be Burton and Stevenson as they are the only two to have not taken a prep school year.

Not saying either of those two will RS, but it would make sense if they where trying to split the class up some.
                The Assman

Comment

Most likely RS, as of now, would be Burton and Stevenson as they are the only two to have not taken a prep school year.

Not saying either of those two will RS, but it would make sense if they where trying to split the class up some.
                  If there is to be a RS, I would guess it would be based on needing to build strength or needing to learn to practice hard.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• My understanding is that while redshirting might be suggested by the Coaching Staff the ultimate decision to redshirt or not is up to the player. I'm pretty sure 3G has said that he will not force a player to redshirt if that palyer does not want to.

I'm thinking that maybe Jamie Echinique might be a candiate even though he is coming in as a junior. Reports are that he has not played the game that long and his body could use some work. The same might hold true for Abdou Ndiaye if we are fortunate to get him aboard. But again who knows what the attitude of those players would be regarding taking a redshirt year.

Comment

Most likely RS, as of now, would be Burton and Stevenson as they are the only two to have not taken a prep school year.

Not sure players give 2 craps about the splitting of classes. Don't expect either Burton or Stevenson to do so.

Comment

• Shock Top
                        Shock Top commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did I say they do? I’m just trying to think in the mindset of the coaching staff, if I’m trying to keep classes as balenced as possible, while still fielding as competitive team as you can.

Either way, if the coach doesn’t play them it’s still a RS.

• Verbal Commits@VerbalCommits Apr 21

2018 Blue Valley Northwest (KS) F Parker Braun has received an offer from Arizona. (HT @BVNW_Hoops) http://verbalcommits.com/players/parker-braun

this seems odd

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Verbal Commits@VerbalCommits Apr 21

2018 Blue Valley Northwest (KS) F Parker Braun has received an offer from Arizona. (HT @BVNW_Hoops) http://verbalcommits.com/players/parker-braun

this seems odd
                        Zona is desperate.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Any head coach can redshirt a player even if that player doesn't want to redshirt. All the coach has to do is not play that player and it's the equivalent of a redshirt.

Comment

• Dan
                            Dan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            True, but I don’t really see that happen. 3G could’ve involuntarily redshirted Mitgaard this year but still gave him 30 seconds here and there, unfortunately.

• 1972Shocker
                            1972Shocker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            True but if 3G is the straight shooter he is purported to be (and I personally think he is) then he probably would not do that. More likely he would use his formidable powers of persuasion to try to convince such player that taking a redshirt year is his best option. 3G has publicly stated he would not force a redshirt year on a player who doesn't want to redshirt. Yes he can do what you suggest but that would be forcing an unwanted redshirt.

• Next year is going to be fun to see a completely new team competing for playing time

Comment

• rjl
                            rjl commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It's going to be Grandpa McDuffie with a bunch of youngins runnin' around.
                        Working...
                        X