Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Torres 6'3 PG 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Brown is a big dude

Comment

• Rod Brown and Dexter Dennis don't look like basketball players.

They look like MMA fighters.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Now I know why I was so high on Ricky and then cooled a bit after the summer scrimmage. Part of my enthusiasm was built around him being 6'3. He's 6'3 minus 3" in real life. He's pretty much Fred's height (and build when he arrived on campus).

T

...:cool:

Comment

• So your saying Samaje has a chance...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Well he's the fastest player on the team so he'll always have a chance. I just wonder if he has T-Rex arms since he always gets blocked. T-Rex arms or T-Rex brain.

Ricky has no brain or arm length issues but he's nowhere near as fast as SHJ - neither was FVV to be fair. Ricky could be 6'1 but that would be pushing it. Sometimes when a kid is really skinny it makes him look shorter. He looks like a mouse compared to Erik.

T

...:cool:

• That was a terrific video on Rickie. He can shoot, assist, and split the defenders to jam it home. This stirred some excitement in me. And I like the fact that his attitude is reflected on his
        shirt, "Earn It". He's got some moves.

Comment

• Torr3s@RickkyTorres 17h17 hours ago
          • Copy link to Tweet
          • Embed Tweet

I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START #GoShockers #WatchUs

Comment

• Me too brother... Me too

Comment

• Really nice article on our young, emerging PG. He's really starting to figure out Div I play and that's only going to help this team build the consistency it lacks. His shot will fall soon enough, but as long as he continues to run the team and dish the assists without turning it over, I'm less worried about his shooting. It'll come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                Really nice article on our young, emerging PG. He's really starting to figure out Div I play and that's only going to help this team build the consistency it lacks. His shot will fall soon enough, but as long as he continues to run the team and dish the assists without turning it over, I'm less worried about his shooting. It'll come.

http://www.gctelegram.com/sports/201...e-shot-to-fall
                Well he’s proven he can shoot it before so we know he can. The problem becomes that missing shots can become a sychological thing that can continue to grow into a big thing. Hopefully he finds the range because this team needs him to. Our margin to fail is so small this year.

Comment

• I just keep reminding myself how many of our other JUCO guys played their first year or the 1st half of the 1st year. In this case, Joe Ragland, didn't do a whole lot up to this point his first year here. Ricky will be fine.

Comment

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Joe didn’t understand the offense until the Va Tech game but he never went 0-13 from 3. Their similarity is both were juco and Juco’s take some time, but that is about it.

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He may not have gone 0-13 but if I remember correctly he did not shoot well at all. And that was after we’d been hearing about how good of a shooter he was.

• Is Saturday Ricky's coming-out party? Perfect time for it.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely a point first and foremost, but that article pointed out he took 5 3's a game as a juco sophomore. That's a lot.

I'd like to see him shoot 2 or 3 of them a game just to keep the D honest. If he's hot, shooting 4-6 would be alright with me. I've never had a problem with scoring point guards. I'll believe he'll get there, maybe before January.

• TheShocktocles
                    TheShocktocles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Every good shooter goes through a slump at some time. The important thing is to keep your confidence and keep shooting good shots. He is doing that. And Torres is really doing all the other things a good point guard does. Keep the faith Ricky and lead this team.

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll be looking for a better performance from the point than our last match up against ou. That position resulted in 5 to's leading to some easy buckets for the sooners. Plus T. Young just straight kicked our tails. Saturday's point play could be pivotal and I believe Ricky can handle it, based on the improvement he's shown over the last 5 games. Burton isn't being featured near as much at the point, as should be the case. We won't be out-quicked this year.
                Working...
                X