Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Torres 6'3 PG 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think whichever guys end up signing, they will have been on at least some of our wish lists. This is going to be fun!!
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

This kid and Ndiaye would just be icing. Though, let's not forget we have a stud PF verbally committed in Gordon for the following year too. Future is all of the sudden looking very bright.

Comment

Maybe Ricky will decide to call Fred.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, if he's as sharp as Burton was, maybe he will. Hope his calling plan includes Canada.

• Slykryck
          Slykryck commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully Fred is in DC planning to suit up for game 4. That call is a bit cheaper.

Complete stats from school site
        No. 3
        Name Ricky Torres
        Yr So
        Pos PG
        gp 33
        gs 33
        min/g 28.4
        fg/g 6.3-12.6
        pct 49.9
        3pt/g 2.2-5.0
        pct 43.3
        ft/g 2.5-3.6
        pct 69.7
        ppg 17.2
        off/g 0.9
        def/g 3.8
        reb/g 4.7
        pf/g 0.5
        dq/g 0
        ast/g 8.1
        to/g 3.2
        a/to 2.5
        stl/g 1.8
        blk/g 0.5
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

17, 5, and 8 with 2 steals/game, 2.5 A:TO and good percentages.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            17, 5, and 8 with 2 steals/game, 2.5 A:TO and good percentages.
            and 0.5 fouls per game.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Think Ricky will be one of he final two scholarships.

Gives WSU more experience at the PG position and llows them to potentially redshirt a player like Burton to help break up the Freshman class and give him another year to get his knee right.
              The Assman

Comment

• Mr. Pickle
                Mr. Pickle commented
                Editing a comment
                Wasn't the opportunity for immediate playing time listed as one of the primary reasons Burton committed?

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                For most players, I believe "opportunity for immediate playing time" means no starter (Landry) or strong backup (Reaves) in front of you. Only a lightly used reserve (SHJ) and possibly another (Torres at the 1 or Stevenson at the 2 ) who also has no experience with the system. You want players who aren't afraid of a little even competition. There has been, it seems, another possible recruit who wanted an easier path.

Torres’ visit to S. Florida was supposed to be his last visit and then a decision. I’m hoping that he decides soon to come here. This year, Torres would be more experienced and prepared to be our leader than any Freshman including Lomax if he had come. Hopefully we hear in the next few days we are his choice.

Comment

Burton is likely a 4 star PG only underrated due to an injury his junior year. Alvarez would likely be the RS suggestion. Alvarez had since last year to commit... Where as I was excited about that kid at first, I pull for Torres now

Comment

Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
                  Burton is likely a 4 star PG only underrated due to an injury his junior year. Alvarez would likely be the RS suggestion. Alvarez had since last year to commit... Where as I was excited about that kid at first, I pull for Torres now
                  Some of these offers, perhaps most of these offers are somewhat conditional. In other words, schools don't make 100 offers and then just accept the 1st 5 guys who say I accept. There has to be some mechanism in place that the school has control over whether or not they are ready to actually follow through on an offer with a scholarship before a commitment is announced. So I think it is possible that Wichita State was the party keeping Alvarez on a string and not Alavarez although it is hard to say for sure.

For example, if Wichita State thinks it has a good shot at an Alex Lomax and they have offers out to both Lomax and Alvarez they aren't necessarily going to take Alvarez just because he calls up 1st and says I accept your offer.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                    ShockdaWorld commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly the point I was trying to make on the Alvarez thread.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    I have a good feeling about the timing with this one !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I have a good feeling about the timing with this one !!!
                      So do the Ponies. :pride:

Comment

I couldn't find any crystal ball news on Ricky.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          So, I'm actually supposed to work for the next two days to keep myself busy?!
                          Last edited by Shock Top; April 23, 2018, 12:58 PM.
                          The Assman

Comment

Working...
                          X