James Akinjo 6'0 PG 2018 to Georgetown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 11th - May 16th
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

This young recruit has a wicked crossover that even Shoelace would approve of and is quick on quick and has the all-seeing eyes which results in nice assists. Get me both him and Serrel Smith and we will be good to go and don't ask me to resolve ships, just get-em both here please.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This young man is FAST. Very impressive.

Comment

I think we got in too late on this one... Naftali looks like our guy...

Comment

• rjl
            rjl commented
            Editing a comment
            We got in on him the day, if not the hour, he became available. Short of inventing a time machine, there's not much more we could do.

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            We've been in contact with Alvarez much longer.

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          I think we got in too late on this one... Naftali looks like our guy...
          He just reopened on Monday. We offered either Monday or Tuesday. Only home visit was Georgetown (that was extremely hurried)so unless he has mad a decision in record time, I don’t get your pessimism.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            Editing a comment
            Pessimistic? I think Alvarez would be a good pick up. No?

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            “Too late” to be in on him so “this is our man” has the sound of settling. I think that we probably could have more than one visit from our point guard eligibles. I would be surprised if the point guards pushed the time table too much. Signing day is the first or second week of April. Ragland finished in the NJCAA Tournament before we were able to hit him hard. Neftali has already visited. If our coaches were sold, he’d already be a Shocker. We should find out more about visits shortly n

• ShockingButTrue
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, but we signed Lomax in the stead. He ain't around no more.

Alvarez has some pretty decent teams after him.

It’d be too good to be true if we landed this kid! Plus this is how rivalries are born, man! Taking recruits away from conference mates! When’s the last time we would have lost a recruit to a team in our conference or we would have wanted a recruit that spurned a fellow team in our conference? Even the bad stuff in this league has been better...
          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Deante Hawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Deante Hawkins
              This could be taken several different ways and you are vague. Hawkins thought he was too good for us. Are you saying JA thinks he’s too good for us and he lacks character?

Comment

• rjl
                rjl commented
                Editing a comment
                He/she's responding to the post immediately above him/her.

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t think that’s the case. We pulled Hawkins offer when he couldn’t get into college.

Now that Hurley has been hired to UCONN, think one of his first priorities is to re-recruit this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                Now that Hurley has been hired to UCONN, think one of his first priorities is to re-recruit this guy?
                Maybe but he has to catch up now. I would think he will talk to him. He has a lot to do, hiring coaches and all. Just as likely to recruit players he knows from RI. Probably some who thought RI was too small time for them but like Hurley. Maybe some coaches who point players his way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

come on doc! we need more coded messAges like we hAd at this Current time last year!
                  Fortunately I recently distributed a small number of Doc's Decoding Tables (DDTs) for members of my inner circle.

Remember, only members of Doc's Top Secret Inner Circle are entitled to all the honors and benefits incurring thereto.

So now, all my members, set your Secret decoding tables to B-2.

Doc's message will be coming forthwith.

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                    Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    *googling "decoding tables B-2"*

This is like looking for the RiverFest medallion.

I swear if this ends up pushing powdered drink product, I'm going to LOSE IT.

Comment

We can all but guarantee a starting position from day one. Even if LS returns he might start.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I swear if this ends up pushing powdered drink product, I'm going to LOSE IT.

First of all, you've got to learn to take the good wIth the bad. No one person is going to be the sole provider of useful informAtion. Lately, a good percentage of posters are strung a Fair shade too tightly. One should not let so much as an hoUr pass without stopping to enjoy the moment, as it weRe, because you never know when good informAtion is going to fAll in your lap, so you have to pay Close attentioN and realize sometimes the information providEd is going to be Wickedly good, and other times it might be catastrophic or not as it purPorts to be and lastly the next few weeks should be tellinG, in my humble opinion.
                      Last edited by WuDrWu; March 22, 2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Decoder ring auto-correct is still in it's buggy beta version.

• ShockerDropOut
                        ShockerDropOut commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No decoder ring here, but Doc speaks volumes. Thanks Doc!

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Interesting.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Fortunately I recently distributed a small number of Doc's Decoding Tables (DDTs) for members of my inner circle.

Remember, only members of Doc's Top Secret Inner Circle are entitled to all the honors and benefits incurring thereto.

So now, all my members, set your Secret decoding tables to B-2.

Doc's message will be coming forthwith.

Doc's Circle of Trust...

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriqkDCQgBFQAAiEIYAQ==&rs=AOn4CLDQYZSTZMfvZM_c0C3RN6KNtr47-Q.jpg
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                        Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is that Cold?

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's what they are claiming anyway...
                    Working...
                    X