No announcement yet.

James Akinjo 6'0 PG 2018 to Georgetown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of a young FVV. :) Not showy but gets his work DONE and evidently a winner. I saw FVV is being considered for the sixth man award this year and I am certain this young man has heard of him.

Comment

Looks like we will finally find out if our new conference and prestige has pulling power.

These are exactly the kind of recruitment battles we are hoping to win in The American now.
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        This kid has ELITE quickness and handles. Not like Fred in that Fred was deceptively quick. Akinjo is just really quick.

Comment

It would be "interesting" if WSU ended up with UConn's PG commit and Memphis ended up with WSU's PG commit.

We nay need a Commitment Carousel thread to go along with our annual Coaching Carousel thread.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe UConn could pick up one of Tubby's Memphis commits.

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          Looks like we might be a better fit for him than I initially thought.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

Looks like we might be a better fit for him than I initially thought.
            The Shocks certainly fit the bill on the first part of this equation:

"He's looking for a good situation where he can be coached and pushed and challenged as a player, but also a situation where he can step in and realistically play right away," Mellis said. "He will make the decision on what he feels like is the best fit. He had a really good rapport with coach Ollie, so I know how he gets along with the coaches will be very important too."
            As far as developing a good rapport with the coaches that is something personal that is almost impossible to predict.

Comment

We have great fans... Great arena... Great coach... Great recruits... Playing time and position to offer... Great conference... This is a perfect place to join for a smart player that doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Being biased aside... This should be a no brainier situation.

Comment

I like this kid!!
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Interesting situation, though, in which we are recruiting a kid who won't be able to see a game at Koch Arena prior to signing.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

His Aunt has been retweeting some recent tweets about him and WSU
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The fact that we can land a higher ranked PG than Lomax is very nice.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whether or not the Shocks can do that remains to be seen. But it is nice to at least have a possibility of doing that.

Actually Kevin Ollie would be and has been a helluva assistant

Comment

Kevin Ollie as a Shocker assistant... Hard to believe but would definitely be a great mutual decision

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nick Saban does stuff like that all the time. Of course, Saban has basically unlimited money to spend, but if UConn ends up owing Ollie money then most of his compensation would be coming from them anyway, with his WSU-sized salary just being an offset against his Connecticut contract payments.

Of course, WSU doesn't have a current opening on its staff, but they also didn't have one at first when Chris Jans entered coaching rehab as a consultant for WSU, and they found a way. And getting back to the Saban analogy, that's how some of his former head coaches have started out -- as "analysts" like Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian, or as an "intern" like Butch Jones. There has to be a way to do it, and Ollie probably does have some actual knowledge to bring to the table as a consultant. We're forever hearing SNers lament the current state of the WSU coaching staff -- well, here's a way to beef it up.

Anyone know who McNeese State ended up picking or is it still open? Isaac Brown was a finalist for the job per this article.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...job/ar-BBKeeUR

Edit. Guess it was filled a few days ago.

Comment

Love the low drbble.

Just had my knee operated on. Signing this kid would make it feel a whole lot better.

When is spring signing?
                          Last edited by wusphlash; March 21, 2018, 04:57 PM.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                          X