James Akinjo 6'0 PG 2018 to Georgetown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Looks like Arizona, Utah, and Georgetown are the other schools who have conducted in-home visits.

Does James have any other in home visits or is the next step to decide which schools to officially visit?

Comment

It appears Marshall made a bit better impression than Georgetown - bigger smile :smile-new:.

https://twitter.com/MaxxUpdated/stat...onair-doutrive

Comment

Honest to God, who does Arizona send for an in-home visit at this point and how could they possibly have a pitch? He'd be the only one signed for 2018.
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Shocker1388
          Shocker1388 commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw a picture with Sean Miller and him. I was like wtf is going on here? Isn’t this guy getting investigated by the FBI?

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
        Honest to God, who does Arizona send for an in-home visit at this point and how could they possibly have a pitch? He'd be the only one signed for 2018.
        That's their pitch ... You will get all the minutes you want ...

Comment

• BOBB
          BOBB commented
          Editing a comment
          Like Magic Johnson, you could play all 5 positions, but you could do it all at once.

God, please stop playing with my heart and lock this kid up....

Comment

If it really does come down to Georgetown, Utah, Arizona, and WSU, then I like our chances. I'm sure there will be more in play. But here you have Arizona, is any recruit going to take a chance on that? In James' picture with Sean Miller it looks like he hasn't slept in days. Utah, not much success to sell besides Delon Wright and Jakob Poeltl. Georgetown, Ewing is interesting but hasn't proven anything.

Be curious to see who else gets involved.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            If it really does come down to Georgetown, Utah, Arizona, and WSU, then I like our chances. I'm sure there will be more in play. But here you have Arizona, is any recruit going to take a chance on that? In James' picture with Sean Miller it looks like he hasn't slept in days. Utah, not much success to sell besides Delon Wright and Jakob Poeltl. Georgetown, Ewing is interesting but hasn't proven anything.

Be curious to see who else gets involved.
            Being able to sell Fred, Ron, and now Landry as people that came in not on the NBA radar and now are in the NBA or on their way to the NBA would be a huge sell for a guard IMO.

Comment

• shocks02
              shocks02 commented
              Editing a comment
              It all makes sense to us, but we're not a Top 100 point guard from California. I'm sure Gregg has sold the best possible pitch.

He had Georgetown as number 2 when he signed with UConn initially...I think this kid won't sign until April 17... If he wants to become a two way player... Play the right way and win a majority of the time... Then he comes to 21st and Hillside... Plus just look at the recruiting class he is joining... No other team coming in to look at him has a recruiting class that strong

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Being able to sell Fred, Ron, and now Landry as people that came in not on the NBA radar and now are in the NBA or on their way to the NBA would be a huge sell for a guard IMO.
              GM appears to have applied a full court press by taking the entire staff. That isn't the usual step in an in home visit.

Comment

Taking the entire staff was a brilliant move in several ways. And I bet that wasn't the only moment of brilliance we've had in our recruitment. This is when having a former NBA scout as an assistant is a very valuable asset.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                  He had Georgetown as number 2 when he signed with UConn initially...I think this kid won't sign until April 17... If he wants to become a two way player... Play the right way and win a majority of the time... Then he comes to 21st and Hillside... Plus just look at the recruiting class he is joining... No other team coming in to look at him has a recruiting class that strong
                  I didn't know Georgetown was 2nd. Do you know if he had a list of other teams he was considering? The reason I ask, is that since G'town did a home visit a couple of weeks ago, I would surmise that James didn't visit G'Town before signing with UCONN last fall.

I really like Akingo and think he will be big time.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                    somebody with a big briefcase full of green stuff

Comment

Do we know if Gregg took the entire staff?

I know James thanked the entire staff, but he did the same for Zona.

I suppose both schools could have sent their entire staff. Just curious.
                      The Assman

Comment

Maybe the staff visit information was incorrect. I did see a tweet that Mark Phelps visited with Sean Miller. I'm sure that they have to be telling him that they are innocent and unfairly attacked

Comment

Arizona is a the mess at the moment... Sean Miller probably wishes he could get in a time machine and be the coach of Xavier again

Comment

Working...
                          X