Shannon Shorter - To aTm - CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock
    Being knee deep in guards for 06 and 07, perhaps we should go after Shannon Longer instead. But MT will work it all out.
    According to Sub, we have offered, so it would appear that MT may already be thinking that way.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shorter

Just for perspective, I would also consider Jason Perez's shot smooth but awkward.

Comment

Re: Shorter

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy
        Just for perspective, I would also consider Jason Perez's shot smooth but awkward.
        ... and effective! Thank God for J.P. during the drought laden years, almost siingle handedly he made my ticket purchases worthwhile. Of course Duke's personally was another enoyable factor during "those years".

Thank you J.P.!!

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Re: Shorter

Originally posted by DUShock
          Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy
          ... and effective! Thank God for J.P. during the drought laden years, almost siingle handedly he made my ticket purchases worthwhile. Of course Duke's personally was another enoyable factor during "those years".

Thank you J.P.!!

Go Shocks!!!!
          Coach's name for Duke was "Uke" because there was not a "D" in his game. (Or something like that.)

And coach was so right. He was a terrific athlete and could jump out of the gym, but his game was so undisciplined. I could not help, but like him. He was fun to watch and to converse with him.

Comment

I came across a video I took of a Duke dunk during the dunk contest at a Shocker Madness. It was one where he jumped over the ball rack and reverse dunked. I'll see if I can post it on the b-ball board sometime soon.

Comment

RDR I remember that quote! I believe it was during the annual Shocker Luncheon, which is always sometime in November and as I've done for sooo many years will make the trek into town for the cattle call of mass produced turkey & dressing.

Go Shocks!!!!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Visiting Liberty this weekend
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Will be visiting next weekend.

Comment

TexasHoops ranks him #46 in the state

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I am sure he is good but that isn't very high

Comment

It's really not that bad when you consider how much talent is in the state of Texas. Texas Hoops ranked the top 105. A couple of the guys we're looking at didn't make that list even. I don't recall guys like Braeuer making the list but I could be wrong.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          It's really not that bad when you consider how much talent is in the state of Texas. Texas Hoops ranked the top 105. A couple of the guys we're looking at didn't make that list even. I don't recall guys like Braeuer making the list but I could be wrong.
                          It is especially true given the development of high school basketball in Houston. Houston is starting to produce NCAA basketball players like Detroit used to, which makes being in the top 100 in Texas pretty good nationally.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

According to todays Rivals article Shannon was quoted saying he won't be here until Oct. 13. Don't know where the other info came from. He'll visit Tulane the first weekend in october and enjoyed his trip to Liberty.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

That will put him here for Shocker Madness.

I'm going to voluntarily step into the trap here, but I'm hoping the schools he's listed with, besides us and Tulane, means he's an under-the-radar player (ala, Burns, Braeuer, Durley). Being from Texas makes this all the more probable.

I hope Shocker Nation turns out in droves to witness the Madness this year!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                                Originally posted by SubGod22
                                It is especially true given the development of high school basketball in Houston. Houston is starting to produce NCAA basketball players like Detroit used to, which makes being in the top 100 in Texas pretty good nationally.
                                The entire state of Texas is getting bigger and bigger on high school basketball, to the point where it's almost approaching.... dare I say... football in terms of following.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X