X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Shorter - To aTm - CC

6-4 195 SG Houston (TX) Westside. Class of '07

No real info on him at the moment.

He has offers from American, aTm-CC and TSU.

Has high interest in Wichita State and medium interest in Iowa St, Tulane, Cornell, Dartmouth and the three schools above.

His AAU team is Houston Hoopstars
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Re: Shannon Shorter

Originally posted by SubGod22
    6-4 195 SG Houston (TX) Westside. Class of '07

No real info on him at the moment.

He has offers from American, aTm-CC and TSU.

Has high interest in Wichita State and medium interest in Iowa St, Tulane, Cornell, Dartmouth and the three schools above.

His AAU team is Houston Hoopstars
    The size factor for guards is on the rise, so it seems.

I love big guards like Jared Jack.

Comment

It does add another demention to the game. Especially if they can play a little ;)
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He wants to major in sportes medicine or psychology and he really likes Wichita State.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He isn't getting much attention from major programs, but he could just be a guy that is under a lot of people's radar. If he has the talent (which I'll leave to the coaches to decide), he could be a steal given his size.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Tulane, Ark-LR, Liberty and Wichita State appear to be his favorites. Has offers from all

Also has picked up an offer from SE LA
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

"Although they didn't win the Great American Shootout in Denton, the Houston Hoopstars were certainly considered one of the best teams in the tournament. Shannon Shorter was a big reason why. The well-built 6-foot-4, 195-pound shooting guard from Westside High School in Houston was near unstoppable offensively, whether it was from mid-to-long range or going to the basket. Recruiting has been hot and heavy for Shorter, as he's currently got some scholarship offers and more should be on their way in the near future."

If we really have offered this guy (another guard), I think the chances of Hatch playing at WSU are slim to none.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

I agree. I don't see why we'd still be going after gaurds, Ty Abbott in town this weekend, if Hatch were comming. With 3 schollies for 07 you'd think no more than 2 would go to gaurds with the other being a big man, maybe a wing.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Maybe Ty could be a PJ type wing?
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Shorter has his first visit scheduled and it's to Liberty. He plans on visiting Wichita State in the near future.

Texas Hoops Analysis: SHANNON is a slashing guard who finds ways to get to the rim and score in traffic. He slices and slithers to the hole, has a strong body to take contact and still get to the rim and finishes well in traffic. He has a smooth stroke from 3 point line that is effective but a little awkward, plays with a lot of energy, is always around the ball and is very active and aggressive on defense. He is a good rebounding guard and plays hard and to win all the time.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sounds like a typical MVC SF to me.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Shorter has his first visit scheduled and it's to Liberty. He plans on visiting Wichita State in the near future.

Texas Hoops Analysis: SHANNON is a slashing guard who finds ways to get to the rim and score in traffic. He slices and slithers to the hole, has a strong body to take contact and still get to the rim and finishes well in traffic. He has a smooth stroke from 3 point line that is effective but a little awkward, plays with a lot of energy, is always around the ball and is very active and aggressive on defense. He is a good rebounding guard and plays hard and to win all the time.

http://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=577010
                        A smooth and awkward shot?

Appears to be a top recruit target.

WSU has come so far in recruiting, since Coach Turgeon arrived. Sometimes, I think it is miraculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio

http://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=577010
                          A smooth and awkward shot?

Appears to be a top recruit target.

WSU has come so far in recruiting, since Coach Turgeon arrived. Sometimes, I think it is miraculous.
                          I guess his shot is kinda like Vince Young's throwing motion. It looks awkward, but the ball comes out in a nice spiral and is accurate. At the end of the day, I don't care if something looks awkward so long as it works.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing a 6'4" SG built like him on the court.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Being knee deep in guards for 06 and 07, perhaps we should go after Shannon Longer instead. But MT will work it all out.

Comment

Working...
                              X