No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man this guy has a great view of the court, he makes hard passes look easy!

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling
      man this guy has a great view of the court, he makes hard passes look easy!
      The only thing that sucks about this kid is that we have to wait another year to get him on campus and playing with the black and gold!
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
        The only thing that sucks about this kid is that we have to wait another year to get him on campus and playing with the black and gold!
        We don't need 3-4 point guards this year. hopefully not ;-)

Comment

• Fair enough, but I'm excited about this kid and am eager to see him contributing to the cause.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• as well i. i am sure he will be greatly used when the time comes. Should be a great time in shocker nation!

Comment

• When's the actual signing day in November? Maybe we could have a countdown timer giving the number of days until the start of the signing period.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling
                man this guy has a great view of the court, he makes hard passes look easy!
                That just means his has another year to get even better!

Comment

• Oh my this kid has poise for a high schooler...and does he EVER turn the ball over? wow i cant wait
                  This could turn out to be a major coup for our bb program.

Comment

• He plays a Jason Kidd type of game. He controls the tempo, and makes good decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Fred Van Vleet donned a Wichita State basketball jersey with pride....

http://www.rrstar.com/carousel/x9207...r-League-title
                      Now this makes me feel a bit better. Too bad we have to wait three months before anything is official. This kid had the toppermost of the poppermost PG's in the country tripping all over themselves.

Comment

• You always need to have concern about early commits. That's one reason recruiting is never over, even after a verbal. However, in today's world, this really isn't very early. Fred seems very committed and happy with WSU. I don't have much worry.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                          You always need to have concern about early commits. That's one reason recruiting is never over, even after a verbal. However, in today's world, this really isn't very early. Fred seems very committed and happy with WSU. I don't have much worry.
                          I couldn't agree more. This situation is a little bit different, though, in that FVV just might have played himself into the #1 PG in the country status. :posterwu: :yes: Many eyes were opened.. wide.

Comment

• :banghead:
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Be confident with the program, the coaches, and the player. All of which are hovering near the top of the basketball world. FVV is a great player, and seems to be a great young man. Unlike so many players who constantly have their heads pumped up with helium from everyone around them, he seems to be very grounded, and Coach Ford and Coach Marshall has shown confidence in him from an early stage in his recruitment, and to someone like FVV, I think that speaks volumes. I don't think he's going to be the type of player to get offers from the BCS big boys, and jump ship. I think he embraces the fact he doesn't get a lot of press, and it makes him work even harder. He handled himself very well in his interview and I don't think we have anything to worry about. We should embrace the fact he will go up in the rankings and it will give WSU some press on having a great recruiting class. How great would it be to have one of the top 10, or 5 PG's in the country?
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• If you watched the video of Fred against Indiana Elite, you saw what players like Yogi Ferrell bring to the table. They have skills, quickness and very high upside. That is what the "big boys" are looking for. A player like Van Vleet isn't as valuable to them because they will surely bring in other high-level players to complement guys like Ferrell. Van Vleet isn't a flashy, blow by his defender type of player, so he isn't going to stick out when Ferrell and his ilk are on the floor.

From one of the online accounts of his commitment:

But unlike other high school hot shots, Van Vleet wasn't interested in running a recruiting circus and looking for the highest level possible. Kudos to Van Vleet for his level-headed ways and going through a process that others should think about following.
                                That tells me he knew there was a good chance he'd get more BCS-level interest. Also from another online article:

Van Vleet bonded with Ford. "The past two months me and him have built a strong relationship without him blowing me up all the time. I know I am going into a great situation and he will be like a big brother to me. Just the confidence he has in me and the trust we've built played a big part in my decision," said Van Vleet.
                                This isn't your typical, recruit visits school, recruit likes school/coaches/players, recruit makes snap decision. This one is built on a relationship with a newly hired assitant coach (he isn't going anywhere soon) and the school/fans/facilities rienforced it.

Furthermore, Van Vleet could have jumped to a more elite AAU team with a shoe deal but chose to stay loyal to Pryme Tyme.

I see nothing here that makes me worry he will jump ship. He wants to play for coach Ford and is excited to join Shocker Nation. Let's enjoy the ride, fellas!

Comment

Working...
                                X