No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadn't seen this posted before but Scout has Fred as the #24 PG in the 2012 class.

Link
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      Hadn't seen this posted before but Scout has Fred as the #24 PG in the 2012 class.

Link
      Also ranked #116 overall.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• If you guys are wanting to see some FVV slick moves in action, watch this: http://shockerhoops.net/fred-van-vleet-video/
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
          If you guys are wanting to see some FVV slick moves in action, watch this: http://shockerhoops.net/fred-van-vleet-video/
          Just amazing handles and sees the floor. I won't be surprised to see this kid come in and start from day one, and I think the program is to the point that it will be hard for freshmen to do that very often. Pending his defense, of course.

Comment

• So FVV hasn't signed yet? Oral commitment so far, right? Man, there better be a 24 hr sentry from WSU watching him, because he looks as good as it gets. We don't need Calipari or Self or Williams trying to shake him down.

Comment

• Nothing but praise for Fred on his showing at the Best Buy Summer Clasic.

"Van Vleet faced off against five star guard Kevin Ferrell, 2013's number one prospect Andrew Harrison, C.J. Reese, and others and Van Vleet out performed them all."

Fred and PrymeTyme had a 16-1 record during the first half of the July Evaluation Period. Their only loss was to Martin Brothers by the score of 70-69.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
                So FVV hasn't signed yet? Oral commitment so far, right? Man, there better be a 24 hr sentry from WSU watching him, because he looks as good as it gets. We don't need Calipari or Self or Williams trying to shake him down.
                I don't think we have to worry about that. If he starts getting too good, does he become one of those 1-and-dones. I think Wichita State is the type of school that, no matter how good the player may be, they aren't going to leave that early. I wouldn't rule out a 3-and-done though.

Comment

• Very impressive! He sure appears to be in control at all times, and I did read at least one report that he virtually never turns it over!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• I saw two different people comment that Fred was one of the 10 best point guards in his class, one rated him as high as 5th.

I see him going up the Rivals rating charts also. I predict he will be Top 50 before he starts his Senior season.

The kid flat knows how to win!!

Comment

• Impressive. Damn impressive.

He is smart.

He makes off balance tough shots.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• No way he stays at #24 in the PG rankings and #116 overall. Being the top ranked PG in Illinois and second ranked PG in the combined Indiana/Illinois cluster warrants top 10ish status IMO.

The only thing that could keep this kid from being in the top 50-75 overall range is the fact that he committed early to a non-BCS school. Gawd I am excited to see him play.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89
                          No way he stays at #24 in the PG rankings and #116 overall. Being the top ranked PG in Illinois and second ranked PG in the combined Indiana/Illinois cluster warrants top 10ish status IMO.

The only thing that could keep this kid from being in the top 50-75 overall range is the fact that he committed early to a non-BCS school. Gawd I am excited to see him play.
                          Without a doubt. This kid will be moving W-A-Y U-P the charts here real quick.. #1 with a bullet. Stay the f%*# away, Calipari, Williams, Self et al!

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
                            Originally posted by GoShockers89
                            No way he stays at #24 in the PG rankings and #116 overall. Being the top ranked PG in Illinois and second ranked PG in the combined Indiana/Illinois cluster warrants top 10ish status IMO.

Without a doubt. This kid will be moving W-A-Y U-P the charts here real quick.. #1 with a bullet. Stay the f%*# away, Calipari, Williams, Self et al!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Don't you know how it goes in the real world, WstateU? After this tournament, you should be concerned about people (BCS BS types) bending his ear.

Comment

• Haven't you seen the quotes from FVV? There's NOTHING to worry about.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X