No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, a comparison to a 5-star, 97-grade player. Nice.

Van Vleet hasn't been evaluated by ESPN yet. It will be interesting to see if they bother, since he's already committed, and if they do, what his grade will be.

Comment

• @cometshanson
      Joshua C. Hanson
      Hope every young pg in MN sat down n watched van fleet this week. Pace. Control. Balance. On the level.
      Someone already corrected him on his misspelling.

Comment

• Waiting a year to see this guy in person is going to kill some Shocker fans.

And I certainly include myself in that group.

Comment

• @TheHoopsWindow
          N.D. Kendrick
          RT @tchoopsczar: PrymeTyme def Indiana Elite in 17 Platinum title game 63-52. Fred Van Vleet hands down tourney MVP #bestbuysummerclassic
          :clap:

Comment

• Pryme Thyme's tallest player is 6'5". Here is a sampling of Indiana Elite's roster:

- 7'0" Obij Ajet (offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi and Missouri)
            - Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell - 5-star Indiana commit (23 overall rank)
            - Jeremy Hollowell - 6'7" 4-star Indiana commit (52 overall)
            - Hanner Perea - 6'8" 5-star (15 overall rank) Indiana commit
            - Ron Patterson - 6'3" 3-star Indiana commit (127 overall)

So, Van Vleet and a bunch of smallish players getting no "high major" interest just beat the future of Indiana basketball, with three top-52 recruits and the #1 recruiting class in the country so far for 2012 . . . twice.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Waiting a year to see this guy in person is going to kill some Shocker fans.

And I certainly include myself in that group.
              +1

Looks like we got in at just the right time on this one. I can't wait to watch him run slow, athletically-challenged Panthers into the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Pryme Thyme's tallest player is 6'5". Here is a sampling of Indiana Elite's roster:

- 7'0" Obij Ajet (offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi and Missouri)
                - Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell - 5-star Indiana commit (23 overall rank)
                - Jeremy Hollowell - 6'7" 4-star Indiana commit (52 overall)
                - Hanner Perea - 6'8" 5-star (15 overall rank) Indiana commit
                - Ron Patterson - 6'3" 3-star Indiana commit (127 overall)

So, Van Vleet and a bunch of smallish players getting no "high major" interest just beat the future of Indiana basketball, with three top-52 recruits and the #1 recruiting class in the country so far for 2012 . . . twice.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/classrankings
                Whoa.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• So next years backcourt looks like Armstead, Van Vleet, Baker.. and who else that will contribute?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
                    So next years backcourt looks like Armstead, Van Vleet, Baker.. and who else that will contribute?
                    DWill, Cotton or possibly Wessel, depending if someone redshirts also.

Comment

So next years backcourt looks like Armstead, Van Vleet, Baker.. and who else that will contribute?
                      Demetric Williams for sure! Also Cotton and Wessel.

I'd say:

PG: Armstead, Van Vleet
                      SG: Williams, Cotton/Baker
                      SF: Wessel/Ede
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                        Originally posted by another shocker
                        Cotton or possibly Wessel, depending if someone redshirts also.
                        Did I miss something? Did Demetric Williams transfer? I would expect him to be the leading scorer in the backcourt his senior year.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                          Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                          DWill, Cotton or possibly Wessel, depending if someone redshirts also.
                          Did I miss something? Did Demetric Williams transfer? I would expect him to be the leading scorer in the backcourt his senior year.
                          Fixed. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                            Demetric Williams for sure! Also Cotton and Wessel.

I'd say:

PG: Armstead, Van Vleet
                            SG: Williams, Cotton/Baker
                            SF: Wessel/Ede
                            I pretty much agree with you. Anxious to see Van Vleet play, also Baker.
                            Wessel and Ede should be good at SF.

Comment

• 'Can't believe I forgot about Demetric Williams!

This Van Vleet kid is the real Illinois deal. Wow..We need some big guys that can run the floor, because Van Vleet will find them on the break.. IMO.

Comment

'Can't believe I forgot about Demetric Williams!

This Van Vleet kid is the real Illinois deal. Wow..We need some big guys that can run the floor, because Van Vleet will find them on the break.. IMO.
                                EO runs the floor espescially well for a 7 footer. Probably better than many NBA centers (the rest of his game is...). Not sure about White, Hall, and Henry. Ede is an athletic 6-6. Current prime targets for the Shockers; Harris (2011), Ellis (2012), and Thurman (2012) are all 6-7+ combo forwards that can do it all! I would say that HCGM is in agreement about getting some bigs that can run the floor.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X