No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres a facebook post from FVV, let all hope with his education at WSU, he will know how to spell Wichita correctly lol

Fred Vanvleet
    Ive decided to play at Witchita State next year as a shocker. #BLESSED
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

He can spell it Wash-it-all for all I care. Put him in coach!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        heres a facebook post from FVV, let all hope with his education at WSU, he will know how to spell Wichita correctly lol

Fred Vanvleet
        Ive decided to play at Witchita State next year as a shocker. #BLESSED
        Whats his twitter?
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
          He can spell it Wash-it-all for all I care. Put him in coach!
          KW - You must have a laundry fetish. :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker
            Originally posted by GoShockers89
            When was the last time we signed the top player at any position from a state like Illinois?

This is excellent, excellent news. Now let's finish off the class with a couple of city league studs.
            WSU signed the Chicago player of the year Bernard Jackson in '82, and the Los Angeles player of the year Gil Wilburn in '82.

John Cooper was KC player of the year when he signed in '88?

John Smith was South Carolina POY in '90? <- let that one be a warning on expectations.

I didn't go far enough in my pevious post. Players like that may look seemingly slow, but they are not slow, as wuzee pointed out in his previous post. They are smooth/balanced, not herky jerky, and fast. Think Deron Williams when he was at Illinois U.
            And wasn't Sean Ogirri Mr Basketball for Colorado the year before he signed with the Shocks?

Comment

A relative of Van Vleet's is an Indiana St. fan and posts on their board as Mr. Kevin. Here is a link to his thread there:

Of particular note is this post he made last night:

well my only response is that anyone who has seen him play will be left with no question as to why he is the #1 PG in the state. I just watched him drop 43 in a summer league game and was making kids look silly all night. His one weakness was his 3 pt shooting and he has worked his butt off on that. TOnight he made 7 3's. Because he wasn't getting offers from "big" schools doesn't mean they weren't in contact. Bo Ryan and Bruce Weber both expressed interest for quite some time. Fred's biggest thing was that he just wanted the process to be over with and go with a good school that wins. He was not interested in developing a relationship with a staff this late in the game and I feel he made a great decision. Now he can just concentrate on playing ball and proving the doubters wrong.
              Seven 3-pointers in one game . . . nice!

We knew Illinois was showing interest and now we know the other "high major" was Wisconsin.

Comment

Good fine Royal. Thanks.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Player of the year in Arkansas or Colorado is a little different than Illinois.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                    Not saying there isn't. Just pointing out a fact.

Sounds like we got a very good one. Let's hope he turns out to be a "great" one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                      Exactly. Chicago is arguably one of the top three recruiting markets in the entire country. The city alone has a higher population than most states.

This is HCGM's first four year player that has me truly excited. Can't wait to see how he pans out.

Comment

This is HCGM's first four year player that has me truly excited.

While I appreciate and share the excitement (and trust me, the coaches are THRILLED about this one) regarding Fred, if you weren't wildly excited about Toure Murry then I don't think you were paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

While I appreciate and share the excitement (and trust me, the coaches are THRILLED about this one) regarding Fred, if you weren't wildly excited about Toure Murry then I don't think you were paying attention.
                          I agree. I was wildly excited about Toure. The only advantage for Fred is that he is a really exciting true PG which is special. However Toure was a really exciting recruit and has been a wonderful player as well.

Comment

I can remember thinking Toure was a good get, but I don't remember him being this highly ranked at his position in TX that year. For some reason I was thinking he was somewhere in the #10-20 range in the state for his class year?

Comment

I can remember thinking Toure was a good get, but I don't remember him being this highly ranked at his position in TX that year. For some reason I was thinking he was somewhere in the #10-20 range in the state for his class year?
                              I remember that Kyles was ranked #9 by TexasHoops and Murray and few spots behind, perhaps #12 or #13.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

This board was excited about Mannigault. You see where that got us.

Comment

Working...
                                X