Men's Indoor Track Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remaining events:

Shot put, not much if any chance to score.

Triple jump, could be a good event for us. Chance to even win.

3k, I have no idea but I think any points at all would be a surprise.

4X400 should be a good event but we ran poorly in the open 400 and since everyone has a team there won't be a lot of team movement.

Comment

Quan Tong picks up a couple valuable points in the Shot finishing 7th.

This is going to be a tight finish. We really need to score big in the triple jump.

Comment

Shocker men finish 4th, in line with pre-meet predictions.

Team Scores (Men): UNI 179; Indiana State 128.50; Southern Illinois 116.50; Wichita State 105; Illinois State 85; Drake 41

Comment

Shockers had a solid meet only 23 pts from 2nd but I know they wanted to do better. With the javelin outdoor they should battle for 2nd at the outdoor meet. This team ALWAYS is better outdoors because that is how Coach Rainbolt builds their teams so look for an upward movement at Indiana State in May.

Jared Foley and Chris Allen won their first MVC title in dominating fashion. I saw a post about how the 400 guys didn't perform well but on the whole that group outperformed their pre-meet chart and kind of knocked each other out in the prelims. Remember Foley was ranked 2nd in the 400 but didn't run it because that double is almost impossible indoor (200/400) and it looks like he made the right choice. Those guys ran UNI tough in the 4x4 and was very exciting right until about 100m to go. Josh Crawford looks different athletically in the triple jump and could be a special athlete there. He had a HUGE foul in the LJ that might have won it and put WSU 3rd in the meet but thats how it goes and how close these things can be. Jake Stecklein is going to be a real good middle distance guy, scoring 4th in both the 800 and mile as a soph. The Matt Clark thing was crazy with him no-heighting and I am sensing a shift in the multi dominance in the league and don't forget Slupkowski (NCAA qualifier who is redshirting indoor) will be back outdoor. That whole crew is young. Only Foley, blanding, Lindstrom, and Lazdekalns are seniors so I think outdoor this team will be battling for a top-2 and next year with UNI losing a lot could battle for titles.

Good job Shox and get 'em outdoor!

Comment

Only Jared Foley (200m) and Beau Morris (pole vault) will go to the last chance meet for the guys this weekend. They are competing in Arkansas. Good luck fellas!

Youtube highlights from MVC:
            Highlights of the Shockers at the MVC Indoor Championships at Northern Iowa

Comment

Working...
            X