Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Gotta build a glass dome over it!!
    You’re thinking way too small. Retractable roof!
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The Founders Day giving did appear to be on short notice and I would hope that next year they have a bigger buildup towards it.

But fundraising should be a year-round effort and programs need their own champions to go out and do it. There's obviously a lot more support for some of those programs than the above numbers would indicate. Also, some of those programs/people are used to having to go out and raise funds for their teams and have a base to work with or a method that's tried and true.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

You’re thinking way too small. Retractable roof!
        Oooooh!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood the article, as I read it as a "maybe" but I'm under the belief this is a done deal (not in detail per se, but in 'yeah, you're good'). Anyone clarify that for those of us in the back?

Comment

I remember watching the Wichita Jets maybe play as a Semi Pro team and home games were at Cessna. I think it would be a great facility for it.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              The old gal looked pretty good on this day…

A little late on this...was this when one of the goalposts fell over? Or was that another game around that time?

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

A little late on this...was this when one of the goalposts fell over? Or was that another game around that time?
                Must have been another game. Unfortunately, I don't recall the game when the goalpost (s) fell over, however there's a lot of 'goal post moving' on this board.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  I remember watching the Wichita Jets maybe play as a Semi Pro team and home games were at Cessna. I think it would be a great facility for it.
                  The Jets or the Blue? Wichita Blue were around awhile but Jets maybe only one season?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Maybe I misunderstood the article, as I read it as a "maybe" but I'm under the belief this is a done deal (not in detail per se, but in 'yeah, you're good'). Anyone clarify that for those of us in the back?
                    I think it is a done deal. I think the belief is that is football did return, Cessna Stadium is not adequate and a new stadium would have to be constructed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I think it is a done deal. I think the belief is that is football did return, Cessna Stadium is not adequate and a new stadium would have to be constructed.
                      ... in the field on the southwest corner of K-96 and Oliver (in the field east of the *Pyradomes). Time to 'dream big' Wichita; if we build it, they 'might' come...

P.S. My heart continues to ache each October...

*Riordan Clinic...
                      Wichita, KS - Bright Spot for Health aka The Pyradomes (roadsideamerica.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

ABC

Is there a plan to accomodate the well attended 1-6A State Track Meet, or will this meet find another venue outside of Wichita? Perhaps they think that this new stadium plan, can accomodate the All Class State Meet.
                        Last edited by Shockm; September 19, 2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... in the field on the southwest corner of K-96 and Oliver (in the field east of the *Pyradomes). Time to 'dream big' Wichita; if we build it, they 'might' come...

P.S. My heart continues to ache each October...

*Riordan Clinic...
                          Wichita, KS - Bright Spot for Health aka The Pyradomes (roadsideamerica.com)

I'm going to be selfish and just say build it near 96 and Greenwich. You're further from campus, but if you're going to be off campus, lets put it somewhere that can take the traffic load as well as provide venues for pre and post game nearby, as well as hotels for those that travel. Plus, it's easier for me to get to.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• From Cessna Stadium to the Riordan Clinic. The thread is slowly moving south.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              From Cessna Stadium to the Riordan Clinic. The thread is slowly moving south.
                              … north!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                From Cessna Stadium to the Riordan Clinic. The thread is slowly moving south.
                                Technically, it's moving north. (WstateU beat me to it!)

Something tells me that "tearing down a serious illness treatment center to build a sporting complex" also would not go over well. But those sick people can't put on shoulder pads and run a 4.5 40, now can they?

Comment

Working...
                                X