WSU Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVC

Yes, tgc -- in fact, Creighton played for the D-I soccer national championship in 2000. And if they could do it, is there some reason why WSU couldn't do it?

Comment

Re: MVC

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
      Yes, tgc -- in fact, Creighton played for the D-I soccer national championship in 2000. And if they could do it, is there some reason why WSU couldn't do it?
      because who really cares? if F****** soccer man........F****** soccer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
        Glad the other 90% of the worlds population doesnt think like you or share your oppinions. At least you can see the damn ball if you go to see a soccer game. Oh and above you asked about what other sport has guys rolling around faking injuries.... All of them. Thing is if you get kicked in the shin its gonna hurt like a mofo the way those guys kick. it may not look like much but when you run for 90 mins straight and get kicked in the shins all day it adds up. Is it gonna keep ya off the pitch (thats the soccer field for people that dont know soccer)? No its not but its gonna take a min before ya are ready to get up and run it off. What im saying is most the time its authentic when they are on the ground. Ever watched any mui tai fights? Tell me those kicks to the shin dont add up. Yeah sometimes guys take dives but its not different than a guy flopping to draw a charge on the hardwood. It happens in every sport. I clearly dont share your oppinions on soccer.

Comment

[quote="t7017s"]
          Glad the other 90% of the worlds population doesnt think like you or share your oppinions. At least you can see the damn ball if you go to see a soccer game. Oh and above you asked about what other sport has guys rolling around faking injuries.... All of them. Thing is if you get kicked in the shin its gonna hurt like a mofo the way those guys kick. it may not look like much but when you run for 90 mins straight and get kicked in the shins all day it adds up. Is it gonna keep ya off the pitch (thats the soccer field for people that dont know soccer)? No its not but its gonna take a min before ya are ready to get up and run it off. What im saying is most the time its authentic when they are on the ground. Ever watched any mui tai fights? Tell me those kicks to the shin dont add up. Yeah sometimes guys take dives but its not different than a guy flopping to draw a charge on the hardwood. It happens in every sport. I clearly dont share your oppinions on soccer.[/quote

That other 90% would matter if WSU was in another country but it's in the united states where soccer sucks.

Also Mui Tai fighters don't roll around on the ground grabbing their shins and sreaming everytime they are kicked. (and they don't even where shin guards) So whats your point?

Basketball players flop on their butts but they don't roll around and scream in pain. Thats the part I find embarrasing, oh............get the stretcher...........oh......the soccmanity!

Face it this is the United States where chicks and dudes that can't make it in other sports play soccer. Can't argure me there cause all I here about during the world cup is the U.S. can't compete because the top athletes in the country play other sports leaving the U.S. to compete using second tier athletes against some of the worlds greatest athletes.

Sure it's great to you but in the United States it's a sport that is appreciated by the minority not the majority of sports fans.

Now auzzie rules football...............that's a sport. Also I use to watch Cricket from time to time on fox sports international, pretty good

Comment

[quote="Ta town"]
            Originally posted by t7017s
            Glad the other 90% of the worlds population doesnt think like you or share your oppinions. At least you can see the damn ball if you go to see a soccer game. Oh and above you asked about what other sport has guys rolling around faking injuries.... All of them. Thing is if you get kicked in the shin its gonna hurt like a mofo the way those guys kick. it may not look like much but when you run for 90 mins straight and get kicked in the shins all day it adds up. Is it gonna keep ya off the pitch (thats the soccer field for people that dont know soccer)? No its not but its gonna take a min before ya are ready to get up and run it off. What im saying is most the time its authentic when they are on the ground. Ever watched any mui tai fights? Tell me those kicks to the shin dont add up. Yeah sometimes guys take dives but its not different than a guy flopping to draw a charge on the hardwood. It happens in every sport. I clearly dont share your oppinions on soccer.[/quote

That other 90% would matter if WSU was in another country but it's in the united states where soccer sucks.

Also Mui Tai fighters don't roll around on the ground grabbing their shins and sreaming everytime they are kicked. (and they don't even where shin guards) So whats your point?

Basketball players flop on their butts but they don't roll around and scream in pain. Thats the part I find embarrasing, oh............get the stretcher...........oh......the soccmanity!

Face it this is the United States where chicks and dudes that can't make it in other sports play soccer. Can't argure me there cause all I here about during the world cup is the U.S. can't compete because the top athletes in the country play other sports leaving the U.S. to compete using second tier athletes against some of the worlds greatest athletes.

Sure it's great to you but in the United States it's a sport that is appreciated by the minority not the majority of sports fans.

Now auzzie rules football...............that's a sport. Also I use to watch Cricket from time to time on fox sports international, pretty good
            Typical, ignorant response. What sports did you play in college again?

Comment

[quote="cincyshocker"]

hmmm, what part was ignorant? Was there not a tremendous amount of talk about the U.S. having undersized athletes compared to the rest of the world during the last world cup????? Was this not attributed to the fact that soccer is not popular in the u.s. and that the big time althetes play other sports?

Maybe you allow your personal feelings towards soccer get in the way of reality?

Tell me Mr. athlete how many div 1 football and basketball scholarships did you turn down to play div 1 soccer?

BTW, didn't play sports past high school NOT GOOD enough to play college level nor big enough 5'6" 155lb.

Comment

[quote="Ta town"]
                Originally posted by cincyshocker

hmmm, what part was ignorant? Was there not a tremendous amount of talk about the U.S. having undersized athletes compared to the rest of the world during the last world cup????? Was this not attributed to the fact that soccer is not popular in the u.s. and that the big time althetes play other sports?

Maybe you allow your personal feelings towards soccer get in the way of reality?

Tell me Mr. athlete how many div 1 football and basketball scholarships did you turn down to play div 1 soccer?

BTW, didn't play sports past high school NOT GOOD enough to play college level nor big enough 5'6" 155lb.

Ahhhh.... it all makes sense now. lol.

Comment

[quote="t7017s"]
                  Originally posted by cincyshocker

Ahhhh.... it all makes sense now. lol.
                  Not sure what that response meant. Regardless it doesn't change the fact that soccer is not a popular sport in the u.s.

Comment

And lacrose is HUGE!!!

Comment

And lacrose is HUGE!!!
                      Well 45,000 +fans showed up for last years ncaa men's lacrose title game between Virgina and Umass.

Let's see Herman Stadium in St.louis where the soccer title game is played seats 7,100 for the championship.

So yes you are correct, at least relatively speaking ncaa mens Lacrose is at least 6 times as huge as ncaa mens soccer.

Comment

And lacrose is HUGE!!!
                        Well 45,000 +fans showed up for last years ncaa men's lacrose title game between Virgina and Umass.

Let's see Herman Stadium in St.louis where the soccer title game is played seats 7,100 for the championship.

So yes you are correct, at least relatively speaking ncaa mens Lacrose is at least 6 times as huge as ncaa mens soccer.
                        Thats why espn shows major league lacrose on the tube. Not mls soccer. Your using the example of one game from last year. Perhaps you should look a little wider if you want to present an actual argument.

Comment

Wait they are going to show a duke alcrose game this year on espn2 i think. im sure its because lacrose is awsome and not becasue its the infamous duke lacrose team.

Comment

ESPN has shown plenty of lacrosse over the years. Both pro and college. Again, I have nothing agaisnt soccer and don't mind watching it. But I would much rather watch lacrosse. It's just more exciting and a faster pace.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

And lacrose is HUGE!!!

Thats why espn shows major league lacrose on the tube. Not mls soccer. Your using the example of one game from last year. Perhaps you should look a little wider if you want to present an actual argument.
                              actually Ive watched major league lacrose on the tube both indoor and out you soccer fanatic. BTW I believe we are debating WSU soccer which would mean......oh I don't know we would discuss division I level.

Also the spelling bee, mens bowling, professional pool and I believe the WNBA is on the espn lineup so come up with something else. I give you numbers you give me speculation.

Never argued soccer isn't a sport just trying to tell you it is not popular in this country relatively speaking to the major sports.

Of course you couldn't handle my personal opinion on soccer (you people always throw out "typically closed minded american response" crap). Well I've watched it and it sucks, it SUCKS BAD. Sorry if my personal feelings towards a sport is closed minded. If you like it great, but there are more popular mens sports that could be started at the ncaa level.

I guess this argument will always comeback to that chip on a soccer fans shoulder.

Comment

Other Sports at WSU

WSU isn't going to add any other sports at WSU until they can fund the ones they have 100 % through SASO contributions. They have made great strides in that direction in the past several years, but the situation has been compliated by the fact that tuition at WSU has risen considerably in the past 5 yrs or so

Comment

Working...
                                X