WSU Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUShock
    Screw soccer why not play lacrosse better yet football.
    Perhaps not the finest example of a well reasoned argument. :roll:
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Sorry tgc my point was that if the university was to expend resources on another men's athletic venture why soccer rather than something else. Sadly discussion of these sports tend to touch nerves, I met nothing by it nor was I advocating football in this thread (whcih I would like to see when conditions are favorable (now let us debate the threshold for favorable conditions).

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
        Sorry tgc my point was that if the university was to expend resources on another men's athletic venture why soccer rather than something else. Sadly discussion of these sports tend to touch nerves, I met nothing by it nor was I advocating football in this thread (whcih I would like to see when conditions are favorable (now let us debate the threshold for favorable conditions).

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
        Fair enough!
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Why soccer? Why not? Are you suggesting that lacrosse, rugby, field hockey, etc. would be more appropriate additions before soccer? Soccer is by far the most popular high school sport not represented at WSU...not to mention being more popular nationally than any other sport that could be reasonably considered.
          "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
          -- Pele

Comment

besides hockey that is.

Comment

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
              -- Pele

Comment

I'd rather watch lacrosse than soccer.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You have to be kidding me.

Comment

No, I'm not. I'm not anti soccer, but I've always enjoyed watching lacrosse more.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Lacrosse is sort of like soccer, but they get to hit each other with big sticks. What's not to like?

Comment

I would rather have LaCrosse than soccer. I would watch LaCrosse. Soccer is too boring.

Comment

I wish WSU had a soccer program! I got offers from Drake, Syracuse, Western Illinois, U Maine, New Hampsire, etc. I finally decided to play at UC, but I definitely would have stayed home to play at WSU and in the Valley, if we had a team. Most Valley shools have soccer programs. I have no idea why we do not.

Comment

I'M ANTI-SOCCER!!!!

I'm sure it takes great athletes and it's real tough to play and whatever. I put it right up there with Nascar as sports I simply can't watch.

Lacrose however is fairly entertaining, fast paced and action packed....oh and another key ingredient they score more than once a game so I don't have to try to take pleasure in some series of passes that results in a kick wide of the goal. I enjoy watching the NCAA championships when they are on and would be all for it at WSU.

FWIW, seriously what other sport are you allowed to roll around on the ground and act hurt begging for a call. It embarrasing and pathetic and you simply can't deny that this activity takes place in soccer on a regular basis. I have eyes and I've seen those guys grab their shins, rolling in pain, then moments later they are sprinting around as if nothing happened.

FWIW II, if soccer was ever going to be a top tier sport in america it would have happened all ready cause it's been around long enough and it's obvious that it will never gain a true foothold on americas sports stage.

FWIW III, I take that back!!!! as soon as all the illegals finally take over the majority up here I'm sure soccer will be right up there with baseball as 1 and 2.

Comment

What about WSU Hockey? I think that would be awesome!!

Comment

I'd love hockey
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X