No announcement yet.

i KNOW it's frank martin.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd this topic comes up. I was talking to a KC Star sports photographer 2 weeks ago and he commented on Martins abusiveness to his players , at games and practices. He said he personally observed this and shocked. H e said Huggins was bad but Martin dwarfs him.

He also said Self was quite vocal.

Remember this comes second hand 8) 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Anybody have any butter for the popcorn? It's going to be entertaining to watch the Manhattan implosion

It was fun watching the WSU implosion last year

Saw that coming from a mile away..............................

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat
        It was fun watching the WSU implosion last year :)
        Hey, thats what college basketball is about - entertainment. Remember somebody implosion is always somebody else's enjoyment. :good:

Comment

I've heard some of the same. The University had to have known before they caved in for short term gains. Beasley will be gone after this year when he sees they won't be going anywhere under Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
            I've heard some of the same. The University had to have known before they caved in for short term gains. Beasley will be gone after this year when he sees they won't be going anywhere under Martin.
            In all fairness, Beasley will be gone after this regardless of the direction of the program.

I have heard similar takes on Gene's behavior and language. Ultimately, it reflects poorly on the university and the individual when they behave in that manner be it Martin, Gene, or Bob Knight.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Um, how come nobody has responded to Moshock's post about the WSU baseball coaches?
              Unless you heard our coaches call one of our players a m-f or some other profane name, it's not the same discussion. Like I implied earlier, and others acknowledged, saying "wtf was that" or "wtf were you doing" is different than actually calling the player a m-f.

Comment

I find Self to be a bigger a-hole than Martin could ever be. Guys, it's D1 basketball, not Biddy Basketball. You think Martin is the only college coach that talks to his players like that? I guarantee not. The higher the level of basketball, the more vulgar the language gets. I'm an assistant coach at a private school, and our head coach has dropped the F bomb in practice more than once. Our kids don't mind a bit, because they know when they deserve it. I'm sure whoever Martin dropped the F bomb at deserved it too.

Now, as far as officiating a coach that has a foul mouth, pretty simple, if it's towards me, he's gone, I won't even give him the privilege of picking up a second T. If he's saying it to his players, that's none of my business, although I will catch him on the way down the floor and casually remind him that he's using inappropriate language. If he can cuss at his players without me hearing it, then good for him

Comment

So the apologists don't have a problem with a 9-year-old being able to read a coach's lips on TV so easily and so often that he feels compelled to make that comment to his father?

Between that and letting kids who play who get arrested lessens my respect for the administrators currently in charge of the program I have followed for 40 years.

Comment

It was fun watching the WSU implosion last year :)

Lutz is a hack with an obvious agenda regarding KSU. Read Jeffery Martin's K-Stated blog to get the most unbiased coverage I have seen on the Wildcats. J-mart is from back east and does a good job of telling both sides IMHO. He doesn't have the pro-WSU/anti KU KSU slant that everyone else at the Beagle has.

Find it here : http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/
                    A K-State fan is a great source to evaluate who is biased about K-State and who isn't, huh.

Comment

Kids are gonna be exposed to that stuff one way or another, it's sad to say but that's what the world has come to.. violence, profanity, and sex.

And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of schools who keep athletes even after getting arrested. It all depends on how the college wants to be perceived. Obviously, KSU doesn't really care too much anymore about all that

Comment

One lay off of lutz the guy is just doing his job and his job is to cover sports and write about his opinion and he must be doing something right if people are reading his column, i dont agree with everything he writes but hey im reading his articles so he is doing something right.

two, baseball coaches have always used profanity, name one coach that you know that hasn't used profanity when there arguing a call?? coaches always say things there not supposed to when there arguing but its life and entertaing to just look at bobby cox heck of a coach but also is the record holder for getting kicked out.

Comment

lutz is an idiot, I've always thought that, his articles are some of the stupidest, pointless pieces of trash. I just read them for the amusement. Sure he makes some valid points, although far and few between.

I guarantee you it's not just baseball coaches that use foul language, it's all coaches. It's a part of sports that we just have to deal with.

Comment

you made my point for me your reading his articles..... yea people hate him but he is doing his job if your reading his column.

And im not just saying baseball coaches are the only one who use profanity. All coaches use profanity like i said tell me one coach that doesn't???

Comment

Exactly! So let's get off Frank Martin because he cussed one of his players out. If we're gonna single him out, we better start singling out all the other coaches that do the exact same thing. Personally, as a coach, I find it necessary sometime to get my point across, and I will continue to do it until somebody tells me they don't approve of it

Comment

It just shows how desperate K-State is, in trying to turn the program around, to hire a couple of thugs like Huggins and Martin. Yes you want to win, but at what expense. For a coach to talk like that is a total lack of respect toward the players. You can make your point in a lot of otheir ways. It just shows he has a lack of control, and I think in the long run it will be his un-doing. K-State is willing to forgive as long as they keep getting the blue chip players, but in time they will go somewhere else because of the coach. Keeping a close eye on Martin will only last so long, wait till he explodes on someone when they lose a closeone. He wont last, and K-State deserves what they get.

Comment

Working...
                                X